No sound in spotify for Windows

Highlighted

No sound in spotify for Windows

ElMahdid316
Casual Listener

Hello, problem with my Spotify for Windows. No sound is produced by the software, while in other applications of the PC in question, the sound works normally. Acer Laptop Windows 10 Pro x64.

If anyone would have solutions to this problem?

Good day to all !

5 Replies

Re: No sound in spotify for Windows

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Hey @ElMahdid316

I suggest making sure the audio interface / soundcard you're using is set as Default Device. Spotify uses the default audio device.

1. Right-click on the speaker icon on Taskbar, click on Playback Devices.
2. Highlight the device you're using and set it as Default. Click OK.

Has this problem been present all the time? :)

Let me know how it goes!

SebastyRock Star 16
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

ElMahdid316
Casual Listener
Hello to you. Sorry I could not answer, I was very busy with family problems. So suddenly there are no problems with the audio driver, but Spotify produces no sound. I installed the latest version of the audio driver on my PC, but that does not change anything. If you have any other ideas about this. It seems really weird. Good day and thank you for your help.

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Hey @ElMahdid316

Sorry for the delayed reply!

Have you checked the following settings? :)
The audio enhancements:
1. Go to Taskbar, find and click on the speaker icon. Click the speaker/device icon again on the volume slider popup.
2. Go to Sound Enhancement tab and disable them.
3. If there are additional tabs like Dolby or similar, try disabling these too.

The Communications setting:
1. Find the speaker icon on Taskbar again. Right-click on it and select Sounds.
2. In the opened window go to Communications and set Windows to do nothing.

Also, when you start playback on Spotify, open the volume mixer from taskbar (right-click speaker icon - open volume mixer) and make sure Spotify is not muted there.
If it's not muted, try muting and unmuting it and restarting Spotify.

Let me know how it goes! :)

SebastyRock Star 16
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

ElMahdid316
Casual Listener

Hello, sorry for the response time, I was traveling for my sick grandmother ... Thank you for your help, it works again this morning without me having to touch anything! OO Oo Strange, but good. Good day and good Sunday to you! :)

Shnapster
Visitor

I recently had an issue with no sound coming from the Spotify app on my Acer laptop with Windows 10.  It seemed random.  I attempted multiple corrective actions with the computer settings;  Nothing helped.  I kept trying though and finally, I found the issue.

In my case, the issue was Spotify's feature that lets you switch the music stream to another device.  My list has three devices.  The application showed that I was "Listenting On" - "This Computer" so there should not have been a problem, but I switched the stream to another device and then back to the computer and the sound worked again.  It seems to be a bug in the feature... or at least toggling the selected device fixed the problem.

Hopefully this helps someone else.

SUGGESTED POSTS