Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No sound in spotify for Windows

Solved!

No sound in spotify for Windows

Hello, problem with my Spotify for Windows. No sound is produced by the software, while in other applications of the PC in question, the sound works normally. Acer Laptop Windows 10 Pro x64.

If anyone would have solutions to this problem?

Good day to all !

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @ElMahdid316

Sorry for the delayed reply!

Have you checked the following settings? 🙂
The audio enhancements:
1. Go to Taskbar, find and click on the speaker icon. Click the speaker/device icon again on the volume slider popup.
2. Go to Sound Enhancement tab and disable them.
3. If there are additional tabs like Dolby or similar, try disabling these too.

The Communications setting:
1. Find the speaker icon on Taskbar again. Right-click on it and select Sounds.
2. In the opened window go to Communications and set Windows to do nothing.

Also, when you start playback on Spotify, open the volume mixer from taskbar (right-click speaker icon - open volume mixer) and make sure Spotify is not muted there.
If it's not muted, try muting and unmuting it and restarting Spotify.

Let me know how it goes! 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

29 Replies

Hey @ElMahdid316

I suggest making sure the audio interface / soundcard you're using is set as Default Device. Spotify uses the default audio device.

1. Right-click on the speaker icon on Taskbar, click on Playback Devices.
2. Highlight the device you're using and set it as Default. Click OK.

Has this problem been present all the time? 🙂

Let me know how it goes!

SebastySpotify Star

Hello to you. Sorry I could not answer, I was very busy with family problems. So suddenly there are no problems with the audio driver, but Spotify produces no sound. I installed the latest version of the audio driver on my PC, but that does not change anything. If you have any other ideas about this. It seems really weird. Good day and thank you for your help.

Marked as solution

Hey @ElMahdid316

Sorry for the delayed reply!

Have you checked the following settings? 🙂
The audio enhancements:
1. Go to Taskbar, find and click on the speaker icon. Click the speaker/device icon again on the volume slider popup.
2. Go to Sound Enhancement tab and disable them.
3. If there are additional tabs like Dolby or similar, try disabling these too.

The Communications setting:
1. Find the speaker icon on Taskbar again. Right-click on it and select Sounds.
2. In the opened window go to Communications and set Windows to do nothing.

Also, when you start playback on Spotify, open the volume mixer from taskbar (right-click speaker icon - open volume mixer) and make sure Spotify is not muted there.
If it's not muted, try muting and unmuting it and restarting Spotify.

Let me know how it goes! 🙂

SebastySpotify Star

Hello, sorry for the response time, I was traveling for my sick grandmother ... Thank you for your help, it works again this morning without me having to touch anything! OO Oo Strange, but good. Good day and good Sunday to you! 🙂

I recently had an issue with no sound coming from the Spotify app on my Acer laptop with Windows 10.  It seemed random.  I attempted multiple corrective actions with the computer settings;  Nothing helped.  I kept trying though and finally, I found the issue.

In my case, the issue was Spotify's feature that lets you switch the music stream to another device.  My list has three devices.  The application showed that I was "Listenting On" - "This Computer" so there should not have been a problem, but I switched the stream to another device and then back to the computer and the sound worked again.  It seems to be a bug in the feature... or at least toggling the selected device fixed the problem.

Hopefully this helps someone else.

this worked for me thanks

Hi there @venomlord,

Glad to hear this got resolved for you! 

We'd appreciate it if you mark the answer that did it for you as a Solution. This way you'll help others who are in the same situation as you get their question answered and their Spotify running in no time! 

Feel free to reach out whenever you need a helping hand with anything Spotify-related. 

Have a great day and enjoy your music!

PetyaModerator

I also had this problem recently, none of the fixes detailed actually resolved the issue. Eventually tracked it down to a proxy issue. Reset the proxy and restarted the app. Problem resolved.

Didn't help

I had the Equaify plugin installed and as soon as I turned it off the music started playing normally. Maybe updating the plugin would fix it, idk, but that's my immediate solution.

You can "fix" this problem if you play using the web browser and not the Spotify App.

Using the App on Windows 10:

• Other apps play sound.  
  • Spotify does not

If you play via the web browser:

clank1_1-1594988016360.png

If you select to play on your computer via "Spotify Connect" there is no audio.

If you select to play on your web browser, it works.  

So it's a bug within the Spotify Connect software and not your audio driver or something like that, let's hope Spotify fixes it.

In your web browser, select "This Web Browser" as shown below:

clank1_0-1594987972729.png

im having this problem too and its slowly making me irritable. it works on my ok on webplayer throught the same speakers as I am trying to play from via the app. I have reinstalled spotify, I have reinstalled my sound card, I have deleted cache, I have unticked and reticked everything that has been suggested and when I click play spotifi just skipps through songs. its so annoying.

so back to the webplayer I go and sod the app....

This worked for me: Open start menu, type "App volume" to open "Sound mixer options" and adjust the volume and device for the Spotify app.

im having that exact same problem

Hey hey @Maynameisjacob!

Thanks for reaching out to us on the Community!

Can you let us know if you've tried any of the steps suggested in the thread above? There are some very useful tips and tricks in here, so they're worth trying out.

It's also a good idea to try a clean reinstall to clear any old files that might be causing issues.

If that doesn't do it for you, we'll need to know if this happens on both the desktop app and the web player.

Keep us in the loop here.

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I fixed it. I forgot I had an EQ plugin installed. Turning it off returned my audio then I updated the plugin and it worked again

None of these solutions worked for me, although I didn't understand the proxy one, maybe someone can explain that please.  My problem is if I close the lid on my laptop or it goes to sleep then Spotify plays but there is no sound (all other sounds work), even if I close and reopen Spotify.  If I restart my laptop then Spotify always works again.

Hey there @Joelusername,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

Can you try to log in with another account such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persists?

It would also be great if you can let us know how much storage you have on your computer and which version of the app an the computer you have?

Also - does this occur on the desktop app or the web player or both?

Keep us posted 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Wow... Thanks. It's helpful. I'm using Win 10 and after a WhatsApp call through my laptop there's no longer any sound with Spotify while the likes of YouTube is fine.

Problem still persists even after a reboot. Then I found this thread and upon checking the volume mixer found out that somehow Spotify was muted. You won't notice through systray volume control.

Screenshot 2021-07-02 21.35.12.png

Suggested posts