Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No sound in spotify for Windows

Solved!

No sound in spotify for Windows

Hello, problem with my Spotify for Windows. No sound is produced by the software, while in other applications of the PC in question, the sound works normally. Acer Laptop Windows 10 Pro x64.

If anyone would have solutions to this problem?

Good day to all !

29 Replies

None of these worked for me to fix the Spotify app on Windows 10. The standalone app worked fine for a year, then the sound suddenly stopped and couldn't get it back since. Fully removed all Spotify stuff, tried several new Spotify and Windows releases, also the MS Store version but there is no sound from the app. This is limited to the Spotify apps (and no, its not muted), so I managed to get the web vesion (open.spotify.com) play in the Edge browser and create a fake app shortcut to the taskbar, but its funcionality is limited. Its sad to see that this issue popped up first in 2018 and still not fixed.

At least the mac and linux desktop apps don't have this issue...

Hey @agostonbarna,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Could you let us know which troubleshooting steps you've already tried? That way we can avoid any repeating steps.

On another note, could you ask a friend or a relative to log in to their account in your PC to see if the issue persists with a different account?

Lastly, we suggest that you check your firewall and antivirus software/apps to make sure Spotify is whitelisted or set as an exception.

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Thank you! My issue was in the Volume mixer. Spotify was muted there...

Hey @panterro,

Thanks for sharing what worked for you, as it may be helpful for other users too!

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I have just figured out what my problem with the sound exactly was.

I play Spotify on my laptop and my iPhone. I often make sure that my iPhone volume is set to zero by pressing down button on the volume buttons. It happens to control the sound in the Spotify app across all your devices. I saw that the volume inside Windows desktop app was set to zero as well.

So I just unmuted it 🙂

Thanks a lot. This fixed it for me. Don't know how, or why, it got muted in the first place.

This worked for me.  Thank you.

Spotify has sound playing on the web but no sound on the app. Can anyone guide, please

Hi there @Shreya121,

Thanks for your reply in this thread.

First up, have you tried any troubleshooting steps and the recommendations given by other users in this thread? If so, let us know what you've tried to avoid repeating steps. If you haven't tried anything, make sure the volume from the Spotify app and the Volume Mixer on your device is not muted. Also, check for any pending updates on the Spotify app and your device. Lastly, if you haven't, you can try performing a clean reinstall of the Spotify app. 

If nothing helps, send over the make/model and OS of the device along with the Spotify version you are currently running. 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply!

Susan_GPModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

If it was working, then breaks, this could be due to a problem with Spoitfy communicating with the Windows Audio Service.

At an Administrator (elevated) command prompt type

net stop Audiosrv

net start Audiosrv

Alternatively you can use the Windows Services MMC to restart the "Windows Audio" service

Suggested posts