NEXT STEP

No sync between desktop and mobile app

No sync between desktop and mobile app

Plan

Premium

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hello, I've been experiencing an annoying issue for the last few days. It seems like the desktop app and the mobile app are not synced, when I play something from the desktop, my phone doesn't detect it and I can even play a different song from spotify mobile app at the same time. The weird thing is that the mobile app and the web app are synced, they work well, but the desktop app seems to be broken.
I try clearing cache, login out, messing with offline mode, reinstalling, rebooting the pc... Nothing worked so far.
I have the latest version of Spotify so I doubt the version could be an issue.

121 Replies

Hey there @venethan,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you check if there is any firewall or VPN enabled on your computer and switch that off or list Spotify as an exception?

Also, let us know if this is you private computer or is it a school/ work one.

@BeansYes, can you let us know if you're using a VPN/ firewall or if your computer is from work/ school and whether you're using a private house network or a work/ school network?

Looking forward to your replies.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Both inbound UDP and TCP for spotify.exe are allowed on a private profile, I do not have a VPN installed. Again im using a computer i custom built and am on a home network.

I was thinking it has to be at an application level, because the spotify-discord connection works on another lapotop just fine. But I have clean installed both discord and spotify on the computer that I am having issues on and it still hasnt fixed so I am not sure where to look to fix it.

Hey there @vinethan,

Thank you for your reply and for the provided information.

Since the laptop isn't experiencing any issues, there must be something different in the manner how their desktop pc is accessing the network.

One option to test this is if you have a wireless network adapter, but besides that we're afraid it sounds like it is some sort of networking issue.

The web player uses the HTTP port 80 for all communications and that is by default unblocked, but something must be blocking the app's comms.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I do have a wireless network adapter, I cant use ethernet because of the distance to my router and my parents wont let me because "it looks ugly". Is there anything you can suggest I look into that may be blocking spotify's connections other than via firewall?

Hey @vinethan,

Thanks for the reply and the info.

Other things that could be blocking the required networking ports, besides a Firewall are:

• Use of VPNs/Proxies
  • Port Filtering or improper port forwarding configuration on the router
  • Domain filters
  • Parental control settings on PC/Router
  • The wireless adapter configuration

But overall, network issues are very difficult to determine remotely. Can you check if any of these are used on your PC?

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator

Hi, sorry for the late reply i didnt see the response. Nothing seems to be blocking port 80 and i wouldnt think its a network issue because im using the same network settings on my computer and laptop, the laptop works fine but the computer doesnt. I dont use a vpn or proxies, no changes to the router have been made since when it was working fine on the computer. ive reinstalled the network adapter drivers, clean installed discord and spotify, nothing seems to work.

Hi there @vinethan,

Thanks for your reply here.

Since everything on your laptop seems to be working fine, but there are still issues on the desktop, then clearly something on the PC side is causing this to happen. However our chances to find out what it is are very little as we're troubleshooting remotely.

On another note, have you checked if the operating system (Windows 10 you've  mentioned) on that desktop needs to receive system updates as well? If yes please run them, as this might shake up and get things going as usual again.

Hope this helps. If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Kiril Moderator

I am also having the same issue and it has been going on for a while now and sometimes the desktop app decides to work but, most of the times it just doesn't sync up at all. I have tried reinstalling and everything but, nothing can seem to fix this issue.

Hey @Ladish_B,

Thanks for letting us know!

Would you mind trying to go to the three dots up left > File > Offline :?
In both the phone and desktop, try to switch to "offline mode" for about 10 minutes, then switch back to "online" and this should sync things up if everything along the way works as intended!

We'll be on the lookout for your response 🙂

Much appreciated!

VasilModerator

Hello, 

I've been having the same issue for the past 1 1/2 months.
I had noticed that my Discord was not showing my Spotify Listening Activity anymore so I decided to reconnect the account, I reinstalled both Spotify and Discord, and did about everything I could find on the web. Then I realized that the Web App was still sharing the Listening Activity, meaning that there is nothing wrong with my network or anything like that, otherwise it couldn't share it. I am using the same PC for the Web App and the Desktop App and I haven't been able to find a solution to my problem, even after trying everything in this thread aswell. The desktop app is syncing the playlists, the liked songs, everything else besides the Listening Activity and it is driving me crazy. I have used both the Microsoft Store Spotify App and the direct download from the website.

Hi, I have tried to do what you have suggested but, there is no offline button in the menu.

Ladish_B_0-1649454360526.png

Hey folks, 

Thanks for your replies. 

@xyzdarius, would you mind trying the steps @Vasil sent previously to check if those make the difference? Also, could you let us know the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of your device?

@Ladish_B, that's odd. You mentioned that you've already reinstalled the app, but would you mind going through the steps of a clean reinstall, as it's more thorough than a normal one? Let us know if you can see the option afterwards. 

We'll be on the lookout. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Everything moderators reply as helpful solutions does not work. Ive been trying to troubleshoot this on and off for over 3 months. It isnt a network issue, its not a different account, reinstalling does nothing, clean installing does nothing, going offline? does absolutely nothing. No clue where the issue is but these basic moderator replies do not fix anything and im starting to get tired of these cookie cutter replies.

Windows 10 Home
Spotify for Windows (1.1.81.604.gccacfc8c)
------My pc specs-------
Ryzen 7 2700x
Gtx 1080 8GB
32 GB corsair 3200mhz

Hello @Eni,

I have tried Vasil's steps but they have not worked out.
I am running Windows 11 Pro Version 10.0.22000 Build 22000, my Spotify version is Spotify for Windows
1.1.81.604.gccacfc8c. My PC specifications are: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Super 6GB, AMD Ryzen 5 3600, 24GBs of RAM.

Hey folks,

Thank you for keeping in contact.

We appreciate the info you’ve shared so far, it's very helpful. However, to keep investigating further, we'll need the info of the mobile device that is not syncing properly.

In your next response, include the make, model and OS version of the mobile device along with the Spotify version you're currently running on it. 

We'll be on the lookout. 

OscarDCModerator

we have already responded with this information.

Hey @OscarDC,

I am using an iPhone 12 Pro with iOS 15.0.
The Spotify version is 8.7.20.1724.

Hi OscarDC

Here is the information that you have requested.

Mobile

Device: Samsung Galaxy S21+ - Android Version 12 

Spotify Version: 8.7.20.1261

Desktop

Spotify Version: 1.1.81.604.gccacfc8c

Hi @Eni 

I have performed a clean install and still do not have that option. I have also never ever seen that button and I have used spotify for years.

I also have this problem. Using an Acer nitro 5 laptop and a google pixel 6. I have already checked firewall settings, turned off VPNs and done a clean reinstall.

Suggested posts