NEXT STEP

No sync between desktop and mobile app

No sync between desktop and mobile app

Plan

Premium

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hello, I've been experiencing an annoying issue for the last few days. It seems like the desktop app and the mobile app are not synced, when I play something from the desktop, my phone doesn't detect it and I can even play a different song from spotify mobile app at the same time. The weird thing is that the mobile app and the web app are synced, they work well, but the desktop app seems to be broken.
I try clearing cache, login out, messing with offline mode, reinstalling, rebooting the pc... Nothing worked so far.
I have the latest version of Spotify so I doubt the version could be an issue.

121 Replies

Hi, I've been grappling with the exact same issue for the past few days, but just as I was about to post a reply to this thread the update notification popped up, and voila, after updating everything started syncing again. I think at this point crossing your fingers and waiting for the update notif to show up is one of the few solutions that seems to be working, haha. 

Nice!

I just updated my desktop app (downloaded from the Spotify website) and the issue is now resolved!

I think this is the solution that has worked for me so far, I clicked offline my desktop app and the turned it back online and I had an option to update the app, I did and then it was synced with my phone!, thank you, I'm going to try on my laptop as well because I had the same problem there, but it seems that evertything's fine now.

Hey folks, 

Thanks for reaching out about this.

This issue should be fixed now. Make sure to update the app so you're running the latest version.

Let us know how it goes.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

The issue did not fix for me, i tried clean installing the new update of:
Spotify for Windows
1.1.94.872.g7a9200fe

My computer is still not synced with my phone or web browser and the status still does not show on spotify so I cannot group listen with friends. Please let me know if this update is not the correct version

I’m the same I still haven’t got it fixed yet 

Still having this issue on Spotify for Windows
1.1.94.872.g7a9200fe

Heya,

That's odd - Current version I have installed is 1.1.94.872.g7a9200fe. Still working for me although it did have a weird moment last night where it was connected but it was playing random stuff and not the album I had started to play.

It seems to be ok for me now but others are reporting the same issue.

Hey @vinethan@Expire and @nocticola,

Can you please try running a clean reinstall of the app to make sure there aren't any residual files from previous installations? 

Let us know how it goes.

Take care,

MihailYModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I completely wiped Spotify off my pc, restarted it then tried download it off Microsoft and the web and it’s not working still. 

as i said in my reply i did clean install the first time, and i have also clean installed again, it has not changed anything

Hey folks,

Thanks for your replies and for the info shared.

In this case, we'd like to gather as much info as possible. @Expire, would you mind sharing with us the exact Spotify version you have installed?

Folks, is this happening over WiFi? 3G/4G? Both? Do you notice any difference if you switch the internet connection you're using?  If possible, you can create a hotspot with a cellphone. Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Lastly, we suggest you log out and log in twice in a row onto your Spotify accounts. This could sound a little bit odd, but this way the system will force a resync of your accounts in general.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

Spotify for Windows
1.1.94.872.g7a9200fe

this is the version me and Expire are on, my spotify does not show any updates.

I am using ethernet, I used to be on wifi 2.4ghz or 5ghz, when on hotspot it is the same thing that happens, logging in and out also didnt do anything for me.

currently experiencing this same issue right now and it is very annoying, what are some possible solutions about it? please help mee

Heya,

That's really odd as the new update fixed it for me. I'm running OLD Win7 on my Desktop - Have updated Spotify for Windows to 1.1.94.872.g7a9200fe and everything is syncing as it should be between my phone - iPhone7 ios 15.4.

What are you running?

I just started my pc today and it was actually synced on the 1.1.94 version today, i still updated because i saw an update and the 1.1.95.893.g6cf4d40c version also works and is in sync with my phone. thanks for fixing the issue.

Hey there folks,

Thank you for your replies and confirmation.

We're glad to here that everything works as it should for you again!

@cha24 Would you mind letting us know which Spotify version you're running? If you don't know how to check it go to this FAQ. Feel free to leave details like make, model and OS version of the device that is having the issue as well.

We always suggest that you keep the app up to date with the latest version so that you don't miss out on any fixes. 

Cheers!

LyubkaModerator

i have tried my pc on  a hotspot. i have also signed in and out 5 times just in case. i am also on Spotify for Windows
1.1.95.893.g6cf4d40c

Suggested posts