Student

Country

USA

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Lately, I have come across a really weird issue. When I wear headphones I keep the volume at 60% however, just the other day when I opened spotify it raised the volume to 100%. I turned it down to 60 again, but when I clicked on the app again to change the song it shot straight back up to 100. Nearly gave me a heart attack. Has anyone had an issue like this? If so, how do I fix it? The issue isn't happening on my iPhone 11.

3 Replies

Hey @ericburns

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

First up, it's well worth running a clean reinstall to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one. Make sure to download the app again from the Microsoft Store.   

If this doesn't do the trick, would you mind letting us know if this only happens when you use headphones? Also are they using Bluetooth connection?

Lastly, could you try with different headphones to check if the issue persists?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

A clean reinstall worked! I think it got messed up when I reinstalled Windows recently.

Hi @ericburns

Fantastic news! Give us a shout if it starts misbehaving again; we're always here to help. 

Have a great day 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts