Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Non realistic Top Artists List

Solved!

Non realistic Top Artists List

Hey you all out there , love Spotify and find it great at all but I'm quite bored that the top artists that are on my profile DO NOT represent at all my taste. How can I manage it ? There should be the possibility to update it based on what are my real top one. <br>Please help as this is very annoying<br>Cheers <br>L.<br>ps it's not changing every week at all

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@Lieve8888 wrote:
Hi Liam
thanks for you note but what I disagree with you. The artists showed in my profile are not the one I'm listening at all so either there is a way to update the list or a way to just remove it from the profile.
Cheers

Hi, there is no way to manually update the list or remove it sorry.

Liam

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hi, I am pretty sure that the top artists aren't personalised, and are a representation of artists that have been listened to the most.

Liam

Hi Liam
thanks for you note but what I disagree with you. The artists showed in my profile are not the one I'm listening at all so either there is a way to update the list or a way to just remove it from the profile.
Cheers
Marked as solution

@Lieve8888 wrote:
Hi Liam
Cheers

Hi, there is no way to manually update the list or remove it sorry.

Liam

Hi!

I have exactly the same problem - my "Top Titres" (in French Spotify) and "Artistes les plus écoutés" are things I'd NEVER listen to! And, to be honest, these are artists I'm very ashamed to have on my account / profile page!

The only explanation I can think of is that maybe my account has been hacked by somebdy else (with terrible taste) who is listening to this kind of dross???

I think Spotify should be taking this more seriously - I've changed my password, and listened to "normal" music all day, but still my "favourites" are unchanged.

Can Spotify see where the account connections are coming from? It's also a possible loss of revenue if some clever hackers are using Spotify for free....

Lieve8888 schrieb:
thanks for you note but what I disagree with you. The artists showed in my profile are not the one I'm listening at all

Yes, but these are the top artists that all Spotify users listen to the most. 😉 As far as I know, Spotify is working on better personalized recommendations, charts etc., but for the time being you might consider to become a Last.fm user and "scrobble" = send info about all Spotify music that you have listened to your Last.fm profile then. If you install the Last.fm for Spotify app as well, it will give you recommendations based on your listening history and more, see the support group on Last.fm.

you're even Lucky, I try to play a bunch of times Hans Zimmer -inception playlist and every 1or 2 songs keeps playing other songs like Kathy Perry, Rihanna, Arianna Grande, music that I really don't care to listen(no offence to anyone) and I don't think it's an account problem but instead a source issue that keeps sending other songs for confusion. Every time I play it it does the same thing.

Suggested posts