Asus Rog laptop
My Question or Issue
So I've tried importing my local songs after a clean windows 10 install on my new laptop and NONE of them work. I've tried everything that was suggested on the forum:
1. Reinstalling the application completely
2. Deleting the playlist cache
3. Changing the source folder
4. Installing latest codec packs
5. Quicktime (although the files are mp3)
6. Ensured the songs have only English letters
7. Confirmed the files and the folder are not protected in any way
8. Ensured the Firewall has an exception for Spotify and there's no other antivirus software
9. Tried both the version from the Windows app store and the one that you download from the Spotify website
10. Tried older version of the app.
11. Tried disabling hardware acceleration.
One thing to note is that when I add the files to a playlist and sync them with my phone, they work on the phone, but not on the Desktop app.
As you can see, I used 1 example song and played it, however it stays on 0:00 and never starts. The song is a Soundcloud song made available to download by the artist so it wasn't obtained through conversion or any other non-legitimate way.
Please help me fix this because I don't know what else to try.