Premium

Country

Bulgaria

Device

Asus Rog laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

So I've tried importing my local songs after a clean windows 10 install on my new laptop and NONE of them work. I've tried everything that was suggested on the forum:
1. Reinstalling the application completely

2. Deleting the playlist cache

3. Changing the source folder

4. Installing latest codec packs

5. Quicktime (although the files are mp3)
6. Ensured the songs have only English letters

7. Confirmed the files and the folder are not protected in any way

8. Ensured the Firewall has an exception for Spotify and there's no other antivirus software

9. Tried both the version from the Windows app store and the one that you download from the Spotify website

10. Tried older version of the app.

11. Tried disabling hardware acceleration.
One thing to note is that when I add the files to a playlist and sync them with my phone, they work on the phone, but not on the Desktop app.

As you can see, I used 1 example song and played it, however it stays on 0:00 and never starts. The song is a Soundcloud song made available to download by the artist so it wasn't obtained through conversion or any other non-legitimate way.

Please help me fix this because I don't know what else to try.

<snip - Moderator edit>

14 Replies

Re: None of my local songs are working.

Composer

Check the third method available here - https://geekdroids.com/spotify-local-files-not-showing/
It usually works and accept as solution/like if this is working. Thanks/

Regular
Unfortunately I've already tried that with no success

Hi @Vortemix

Thanks for getting in touch about this and sorry for the delayed reply. 

You mentioned that you've already reinstalled the app, but would you mind going through the steps of a clean reinstall, as it's more thorough than a normal one?

Also, take a look at the steps and recommendations you'll find in this Spotify Answer about Local Files. If you've already checked those steps and the issue still persists, could you let us know what exactly you've tried from there?

Keep us in the loop!

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Regular
When I reinstalled it, I did a clean one so unfortunately that's tried already. As for the other steps, I've pretty much tried all of them but none work. Please keep in mind the article is about issues syncing with the phone and I do not have issues listening to those same songs on my mobile phone through the sync . They do not play only on the desktop app.

Hey @Vortemix,

Thanks for keeping us posted 🙂

Does the issue occur when you ty playing the songs through the desktop speakers or via Connect?

You can also send us a screenshot of the local files on your PC. We'll look into this further.

Keep us in the loop! We'll be right here if you have any questions.

VerModerator
"Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations." ―Zig Ziglar

Regular

I am listening through headphones. I'm attaching multiple screenshots, note that I'm using just 1 song for the sake of troubleshooting but the issue is present for any song I try.

1.png
2.png
3.png

Regular

Here are those as well

4.png
5.png

Hey @Vortemix,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

It's a good idea to try changing the sound output on desktop. You can also delete the cache from the local files with these steps.

Could you send us a screenshot of how the songs appear in the app? We'll look into this further.

Keep us posted! If you have questions, you know where to find us.

VerModerator
"Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations." ―Zig Ziglar

Regular

Thanks for the quick response! I've tried the local files cache thing before, but still tried again now, still nothing unfortunately. As for the song, you can see how it looks in the screenshot below. It's stuck on 0:00 and doesn't play. Tried different headphones as well as the laptop speakers

7.png
SUGGESTED POSTS