Announcements

None of my local songs are working.

Re: None of my local songs are working.

Hi @Vortemix,

Thanks for getting back to us. 

We'd recommend trying the following:

• Add some songs from our catalogue to the playlist as well as the Local Files and make sure you have ‘Show unavailable songs in playlists’ turned on in Settings.

• Play some music on your phone to see if it shows via Connect on your computer.

• Make sure the router supports the Bonjour protocol. If the router is made after 2005, it will likely have this protocol. The best way to handle this is to check the router make/model and Google it.

Let us know how it goes. We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

NovyModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

Regular

I'm afraid you've misunderstood me. The issue is that they are being played on the phone without any issue but am not able to play them on the desktop application itself. A local file from the laptop is not playing on the desktop application.

Hey @Vortemix

Thanks for your reply. 

If possible, could you try logging into your account using a different desktop device to see if the issue with your Local Files persists?

Keep us posted. We'll see what we can suggest.

NovyModerator

Regular

Hi, I've tried on my sister's laptop (Hp Pavilion 15) again with Windows 10 and all Windows updates installed, same issue. Tried with a different account to confirm if the issue was account-related but it persisted with a different account as well, on both devices. Is there some weird incompatibility between the latest version of Windows and it's updates? Because I had no issues prior to reinstalling my Windows but I hadn't updated it in a while as well.

Hi @Vortemix

Thanks for getting back to us and sending all this info. 

Just to confirm, have you already tried adding your Local Files to a regular playlist to see if you're able to play them on desktop?

Let us know how it goes. 

NovyModerator

Regular
Yes, unfortunately, when it gets to a local song it just stops on it and stays on 0:00 the same way it's stuck when I try to play it directly from the local files.

Hey @Vortemix,

Thanks for the reply and for going through this troubleshooting process with us.

Since you encounter the same issue on both yours and you sister's laptop, this might be related to your network. Some routers do not allow protocols which are vital for the successful upload of local files.

Can you try to create a mobile hotspot from a phone using your mobile data and connect your pc to it. After that try reuploading the songs which don't play.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

“With freedom, flowers, books, and the moon, who could not be perfectly happy?” ― Oscar Wilde
SUGGESTED POSTS