Premium

Country

Bulgaria

Device

Asus Rog laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

So I've tried importing my local songs after a clean windows 10 install on my new laptop and NONE of them work. I've tried everything that was suggested on the forum:
1. Reinstalling the application completely

2. Deleting the playlist cache

3. Changing the source folder

4. Installing latest codec packs

5. Quicktime (although the files are mp3)
6. Ensured the songs have only English letters

7. Confirmed the files and the folder are not protected in any way

8. Ensured the Firewall has an exception for Spotify and there's no other antivirus software

9. Tried both the version from the Windows app store and the one that you download from the Spotify website

10. Tried older version of the app.

11. Tried disabling hardware acceleration.
One thing to note is that when I add the files to a playlist and sync them with my phone, they work on the phone, but not on the Desktop app.

As you can see, I used 1 example song and played it, however it stays on 0:00 and never starts. The song is a Soundcloud song made available to download by the artist so it wasn't obtained through conversion or any other non-legitimate way.

Please help me fix this because I don't know what else to try.

<snip - Moderator edit>

24 Replies

Hey again @Vortemix,

Thank you for your reply.

Does the same thing happens if they move the files to their local Music folder? Can you share the link of the file from Soundcloud so we can do some tests on our end?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Yes, unfortunately, tried leaving it in the default Music folder, the default Downloads folder as well as custom local folder in both C:/ and D:/ but the result was the same. As for the link, here it is - https://soundcloud.com/hyenrg/harder-dimension

Hey @Vortemix,

Thanks for the info 🙂

We tried playing the track on Window 10 and Mac but couldn't reproduce the issue on our end.

It's a good idea to check if the sound drivers are up-to-date. It's also worth checking if uninstalling anti-virus software or similar would change the behavior, but definitely install an anti-virus to keep yourself protected.

Let us know how it goes. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!
Marked as solution

Hello, it's been a while and I finally resolved the issue so I wanted to share what it was. The reason for the whole drama was because I had installed a Windows 10 N version, which is missing the Media Feature Pack. That thing for N versions of Windows 10 is available for download as an Optional Feature. To install the Media Feature Pack, you need to go to Settings > Apps > Apps and Features > Optional Features > Add a Feature and find the Media Feature Pack in the list of available Optional Features. Note, you will not be prompted to restart your computer, but you must restart in order to successfully complete installation of the Media Feature Pack.

After I did that, all the local files started working.

Hope it helps someone!

Hey there @Vortemix,

Thanks for sharing this!

Other users facing this issue will appreciate it 🙂

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts