Premium Family

Country

Germany

Device

(in Attachments)

Operating System

(Windows 10)

My Question or Issue
Alright so I think my Spotify is completely useless at the moment. It won't play any songs besides local ones that I have installed on my pc. I already tried doing a clean reinstall and it won't work. Anytime I click play on a Song/Playlist nothing happens.
Please help me with this issue since it is very annoying that I can't do the one thing the app is supposed to do. Graphic info is in the Attachments.

Device-info.PNG
Spotify.PNG
3 Replies

Hi there @Kabauz

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out about this.

We suggest keeping the app updated to its latest version to ensure optimal performance. We know that you've already tried it, but it's also well worth running a clean reinstall, as it's more thorough than a normal reinstall, making sure to download the app again from the Microsoft Store.

If this doesn't do the trick, could you try with a different internet connection to check if that makes the difference?

On another note, would you mind letting us know if this is only happening on your PC or on other devices too?

Let us know how it goes 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hello,

I already tried the clean reinstall and again now just to be safe and it still doesn't work. It does however work on other devices with the same account. It also doesn't work while my laptop is connected to another internet source. The only problem I have is that I can't listen to music on spotify while I play games on my laptop.

Hi @Kabauz,

Thanks for the reply.

You can try playing music from the Web player.

Regarding the Desktop app - try clearing any entries the Contain Spotify From your host files. Follow the steps from this Solution to do that. You can also try running the app in Windows 8 compatibility mode.

Let us know if that made a difference.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts