Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Nothing happens when I press play

Nothing happens when I press play

New to Spotify, and using the Web Player (I'm on my work desktop computer, and I can't download apps). When I click a playlist to play, there is no music - clicking play does absolutely nothing. I've tried clearing cache/cookies, and no change.

Any ideas? I feel like it should be obvious. 

7 Replies

Hey there, @katmckenzie19

Thanks for coming to the Community!

Can you let us know if the play bar at the bottom moves at all, or if it stays still when this happens?

In the meantime, do the below tips help? ...
> Restart your device
> Check (or check with your IT) if there's any blockers/Firewalls disabling Spotify

> Try in a different browser (if possible)

> Make sure your browser version's up-to-date

Keep us in the loop 🙂

Thanks!
/M

I'm having the same problem and I've been using for a while, on Friday (5/4/18) everything was working but now when I try to play anything, from any playlist or radio station, nothing works. It doesn't show up in the controls and I get a blue banner at the top saying the song is unavailable. The green play button presses like it should be playing but nothing happens even after restarting my browser and turning off extensions

Turns out if you open your account on mobile, play a song (It'll actually work there) and then pull up spotify on your computer, open connected devices and then you can switch it to your desktop and now you can play any song again.

I am having the exact same issues.

Spotify Capture.JPG

if im on my computer usually i just exit the tab and go back into it  Sometimes it just glitches out and does that

I'm using the Windows desktop app and this frequently happens to me. I double click. Nothing happens. I click play. Nothing happens. I right click and select add to queue. Nothing happens. In my experience, Spotify has awfully buggy software across platforms. 

Hey there folks! 

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Sorry for the delayed reply. We've just come across this thread.

@Matt2h, first up, it's well worth running a clean reinstall to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one. In case the issue persists, we recommend trying with a different network, for example creating a hotspot on your phone and using that. 

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts