Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Notifications for followed artist is not working

Solved!

Notifications for followed artist is not working

If you follow an artist and new music is added to Spotify you are supposed to get a notification in "the bell" in the right corner. This usually works for albums and singles (not for "appears on").

Well , for the last three weeks, this feature does not work and there is really no point in following an artist.

Anyone else?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@Saul_Slendamann @lm3allem

I've been told by friends that artists notifications have returned today. I've been receiveing new follower notifications for a few days now. Have you seen any?

In the meantime, check swarm.fm

Also, this Windows app may prove useful:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/companion-for-spotify/9nblggh5v1tt

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Nope, nothing here. Still no notifications available. I only get push-notif on my phone that someone has subscribed to my playlist but nothing more.

I treat Swarm.fm as temporary solution. I'm really looking forward to get my notifications back.

View solution in original post

58 Replies

Me too...the "bell" notification button in the upper right hand corner of my pc screen does not work...it accumulates notices and the numbers add up but when I click the button it just "thinks and thinks and thinks" and then stops.  Anyone else?  Any solution?

My button works, but there are only old notifications, the latest are 26 days old. I have found new albums from artists I follow, for example Gucci Mane and Young thug, but no notifications has been delivered.

I follow many artists, I need this feature to work. Thats the point of following an artist, isnt it?

Im bumping this, these threads are sinking fast.

Bump again, still not working, in fact all i get now is a spinning wheel.

I suggest you contact support so they can take a look at your account and see what is going on:

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I already tried that, no response at all. But I did get a notification a couple of days ago, for a single  that has been on spotify for three years, for an artist I have been following for three years too. Great!

I'm having the same issue.

I'm using Spotify 1.0.2.6.g9977a14b, on OSX 10.8.5.

I'll try updating my OS soon and see if that fixes it.

This is till an issue. I get some notifications, but not all. As an example, Muse released a single two days ago that I only heard about through other channels - only to discover that it was on Spotify.

I haven't received a new notification in months. Have they been entirely disabled indefinitely?

same issue. notfications only for playlist but not for new artist songs. OS X

I have this problem too...

i still have not been getting any notifications, any advice?

Spotify! WTF is going on??

Notifications havn't been working for weeks now!
Fix this - we're paying customers!!!

BUMP

I'm running the newest windows 10, and the newest Spotify, and i still doesn't get any notifications. I follow 300 artist, so it is impossible, that no-one of the artists i follow puplish something. Also when someone update's a playlist i'm following, i dont get any notifications neither

It's the same problem on my mobile device and on the web player.

Also have the same issue on all of my devices all running different versions. Hasnt worked properly ever in my reccollection

For me it only seems to be a desktop issue only.
Notifications do work on my mobile defices.

Although it seems Spotify removed the notifications for playlists completely.

Same here. Three weeks since my last notification (they used to come atleast 10 a week earlier). The one feature that made me regret switching to Apple Music. Oh well.

Still not working.....

Same here. I follow like 753 artists and without notifications my Spotify is useless.

Suggested posts