Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Notifications for followed artist is not working

Solved!

Notifications for followed artist is not working

If you follow an artist and new music is added to Spotify you are supposed to get a notification in "the bell" in the right corner. This usually works for albums and singles (not for "appears on").

Well , for the last three weeks, this feature does not work and there is really no point in following an artist.

Anyone else?

58 Replies

@fuzzy76 @Preheat @XsomX

You're not the only one missing notifications.

Check these threads:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Notifications-not-updating-for-a-month/idc-p/1284372

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web/Notifications-not-working/m-p/133202...

In the meantime, I suggest for you to check swarm.fm since nobody knows when notifications are coming back.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks, swarm is some kind of solution but I'd really like to have it back in one app with one click away. Swarm can be a temporary rescue but as I said, I don't want to start browser and load additional page to check if there's something new I should check out.

Same problem here. I'm following well over 200 artists, but the last notification I received was 25 days ago. Plenty of albums have been released by my followed artists since then, a lot of which I only learned about from secondary sources.

Please fix this, Spotify. Receiving notifications for new releases is one of the primary functions of Spotify. Without it, I might aswell just stop my subscription.

Same problem here.

Last notification was 23 days ago.

*heartbroken*

Marked as solution

@Saul_Slendamann @lm3allem

I've been told by friends that artists notifications have returned today. I've been receiveing new follower notifications for a few days now. Have you seen any?

In the meantime, check swarm.fm

Also, this Windows app may prove useful:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/companion-for-spotify/9nblggh5v1tt

osorniosSpotify Star
Marked as solution

Nope, nothing here. Still no notifications available. I only get push-notif on my phone that someone has subscribed to my playlist but nothing more.

I treat Swarm.fm as temporary solution. I'm really looking forward to get my notifications back.

Yes, this is indeed the case. My notifications returned 13 hours ago and it appears they're back to normal.

notifications.PNG

I only received one so far - so we'll see in the coming days and weeks..

Let's hope for the best

Still nuffin 😞

stillnuffin.jpg

@XsomX

Did you lose the notification bell? I don't see it in your screenshot.

To get it back, you need to delete the connected devices using this link:

https://www.spotify.com/account/offline-devices/

After that, delete the app/program. Reinstall and the bell should be available again (along with new followers notifications).

Several users have reported success with this method.

osorniosSpotify Star

Yeah, I've lost it. I'll do what you say, but tommorow. I'm terribly tired right now.

Ok, I've done what you said but it didn't help. Now I see notification bell for a second right after the start and it disapear.

@XsomX

Yeah, looks like it's not working. I'll let you know if I come around another solution.

osorniosSpotify Star

I have also completely lost the bell, it's not there any more. Tried the "fix" with removing devices and reinstalling - nothing. Any ideas????

Same here. I'm using Spotify on a Mac and the bell icon disappeared about a week ago. It was one of the most usefull things in Spotify and it's hard to understand why they would remove it without even giving the option to the user to turn it on or off. All the other useless social stuff is still there though...

Hi there, I'm having this problem too and tried your advice but I still can't get notifications to work.

@osornios wrote:

@XsomX

Did you lose the notification bell? I don't see it in your screenshot.

To get it back, you need to delete the connected devices using this link:

https://www.spotify.com/account/offline-devices/

After that, delete the app/program. Reinstall and the bell should be available again (along with new followers notifications).

Several users have reported success with this method.

I've unsynced all devices, set my notifications to on & uninstalled then re-installed.
When I reinstall and start Spotify the notification bell is there then disappears immediately after loading.
I'm missing a lot of new music because of this bug & it's the main reason I use Spotify...
Are there any other solutions to this problem? Any help from anybody would be much appreciated.

@elmoos @Blackat @adamthebaron

If you don't have the notification bell, the Spotify web app (the browser version) still has it with all your notifications, including the old ones you haven't had a chance to listen to yet.

Or you can check swarm.fm

Also, this Windows app may prove useful:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/companion-for-spotify/9nblggh5v1tt

osorniosSpotify Star

Same problem and i noticed the icon appears when the application starts, then disappears. Video as proof.

Exactly the same.

Suggested posts