Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

ONGOING ERROR AT REBOOT: The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000022) ..Many Affected!

ONGOING ERROR AT REBOOT: The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000022) ..Many Affected!

I get error "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000022)" on shutdown of windows on any shutdown or restart/reboot of Windows.

This is a real issue (and super-annoying), partly because it interferes with automatic Windows Updates etc. since the machine gets 'stuck' on that error.

I researched and have tried several potential solutions but nothing worked.  Even reformatting and reinstalling Windows & Spotify didn't make a difference.

I realize there are several other threads about the same/similar issue but I'm opening this one hoping eventually it this ongoing problem will get the attention of a REAL LIVE SPOTIFY EMPLOYEE so this can be addressed.

I am a fan of Spotify but it a good thing they don't have any competitors offering the same features or I would be gone in a second, solely due to the complete LACK OF SUPPORT.  I am all-for crowd-based solutions like many companies do, but the key to it succeeding (instead of pissing of pissing off crowds of customers) is to have an employee or two "make an appearance" once in a while to acknowledge issues and escalate where necessary...

Spoiler
The lack of support when needed is is getting tiresome.
Does a spoiler tag get anyone's attention? lol

Please "like" or "subscribe" to this thread to increase chances that the issue gets addressed.

Plan: Premium (Problem occurs for other members too)

Device: HP Laptop (and others)

Operating System: Windows 7 (possibly the only affected OS?)

3 Replies

Hey there @ashleedawg,

thanks for posting in the community !

As i can imagine you can use your account on different devices which means this a local system issue with your PC.

This type of error accure due to:

- Malware

- Spyware

- Virus

- Registry 

- General cache 

The only thing i can advise is that you read about each and everyone, scan your computer for issues of any kind related to the the mentioned above.

After handling all of them, run your Win update feature to make sure your system is updated and reinstall Spotify and i'm sure it'll work.

Let me know if you have any further questions 😃

I have the same problem. I tried the suggested solutions. None is working! I keep reinstalling an older version that works. Unfortunately, it updates and the last version doesn’t work anymore and has this issue reported by thousands of users.

At least tell us how to disable the automatic update.

The solution for fix it is really easy , spotify want you eat advertising or buy premium account , so simply disable all exeptions of ad in your hosts file in system32/etc/driver/etc and magic that will work normaly , same for the peolpe who have music stop after few second.
They check some ad server before play and before shutdown that s why you have some trouble just test it :). Is writing anywhere of course but is the real solution for fix it 

Cheers....

Suggested posts