Free

Country

Australia

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I had an Issue where i was getting a little blue notification on the top of my spotify saying "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it" as well as "Offline" in the bottom left corner above playing song. I fiddled around with settings, uninstalled and reinstalled, logged out and back in, signed out of other devices and im still getting the "offline" notification, but not the other one (my computer is still connected to the wifi as i am able to play games, use facebook and go onto Youtube). I am unable to locate the "Offline Mode" setting. 

I can't play songs for longer the 15 seconds without it restarting and playing from the beginning, i cannot play any other song, skip songs or play any other playlist then what automatically plays on opening the application. Spotify works perfectly on my Phone, but doesnt work on my pc or laptop (connecting my phone to my computer via spotify doesnt work either.)

Please help...

2 Replies

Please check your WIndows 10 Internet Connection status. If it says "No Internet Connection" while you're online just fine, you've hit a Microsoft NCSI issue which apparently very hard to fix. I wish Spotify would not use that broken feature to check connection status, but alas they do. I've been chasing this issue ever since it popped up after updating to the 2004 update of May and I'm unable to fix it, which also means the Spotify deskop app remains unusable. Please complain loudly to Microsoft if you have these symptoms and tell Spotify to stop relying on NCSI.

Maybe this helps you: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-version-2004-internet-access/faf0ba...

Hey there @TrashPandaa,

Thank you for your post. Apologies for the late reply. We're happy to help.

Can you first confirm that the issue persists after trying with another internet connection - as @PolarWolf mentioned?

If it does, can you log in with another account on of the device it occurs on - such as a friend's or a family member's to see if you get a different result?

We also recommend that you check out this article on our support site. 

Keep us posted. We'll have an eye out for your reply 🙂

Cheers!

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts