Offline while online, errorcode -4

Re: Offline while online, errorcode -4

cm85
Casual Listener

For some reason spotify worked again for a few days, no its "offline" again. Flushing the dns didnt help.

HP Z820 Workstation

Windows 10.0.18362 Build 18362

Spotify 1.1.18.611.g9cc9bdc9

54-_y5dlmznhr
Seme here -.- Error 4.
Plan: free

CannaChronic
Casual Listener

Me too my dude.

Device: Desktop

Spotify Version: 1.1.18.611

Oscaro947

Adding onto this. Been having this issue for the last week or so.

Spotify version: Desktop downloaded from spotigy.com, build 1.1.18.611.g9cc9bdc9

Issue: Error code: 4 when starting form sleep and occasionally from regular boot. The Spotify client works for a short time after a cold-boot after a DNS flush, the returns to error code 4. I am still able to access spotify.com and webplayer (open.spotify.com)

cm85
Casual Listener

I´ve been in contact with support, not to much help there apart from that I got conformation that you can stop auto updates, which I suspect is updating the client to a version with some bugs. Spotify really need to work on their customer journey experience, no technical support available either via chat or email is not viable solution as customer service.

Downloaded an old installer, the complete type 1.0.85.259. Installed and then did the following: 

As an admin run CMD and to try the following:

rm %localappdata%\Spotify\Update

mkdir %localappdata%\Spotify\Update

icacls %localappdata%\Spotify\Update /deny "%username%":D

icacls %localappdata%\Spotify\Update /deny "%username%":R

1. Removes directory C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Spotify\Update
  2. Creates directory C:\Users\<your username>\Appdata\Spotify\Update
  3. Denies delete permission to your account for C:\Users\<your username>\Appdata\Spotify\Update requiring administrative prompt for delete privileges, preventing spotify from removing it without admin
  4. Denies read permission to your account for C:\Users\<your username>\Appdata\Spotify\Update requiring administrative prompt for read privileges, preventing spotify from placing the update program in it without admin

The same procedure as her:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Stopping-Auto-update/m-p/4785163/highlight/true#M78...

Highlighted

CannaChronic
Casual Listener

Yeah, this is the work around I was talking about a little higher up the thread. But let’s go ahead and throw this out there: this isn’t a fix. It’s a work around for a bug that won’t be addressed for months if it ever gets addressed at all.

Spotify’s lack of initiative to fix bugs honestly makes me consider leaving the platform on a regular basis. Currently, on the iPhone version of Spotify, if the app is left in a hung state where music isn’t playing but the app still thinks it is for some reason, your alarms won’t go off. This has been a bug for over a year now. And they don’t seem to care about fixing it.

daltooon
Visitor

Same problem for about two weeks. 

1) Web player works, Windows App doesn't.

2) At home on my own computer(laptop) is OK, at work on my office computer(desktop) NO

3) Adding exceptions to firewall did not work (cannot totaly disable firewall due to office computer restrictions)

4) Clearing all net data did not work

5) My colleagues do not have the same problem although we have common network. Signing in from their computer with my account is OK, too

6) Sign out - Sign in again did not work (i have another issues while signing in, error code: 126)

7) Private Session did not work

Version: 1.1.18.611.g9cc9bdc9

Device: Work Computer(Desktop)

Please help

SUGGESTED POSTS