Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

On my desktop Spotify app, the song cover picture is not longer showing at the bottom left corner.

On my desktop Spotify app, the song cover picture is not longer showing at the bottom left corner.

Plan

Premium

Country

Malta

Device

Dell Inspiron 13

Operating System

Windows

My Question or Issue

11 Replies

Hey @davidgrima.

Could you send me the Spotify version numbers? Also, is this happening to any album or song you play, or a specific one?

In the meantime, try reinstalling the app to see if the art comes back.

Keep me in the loop.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Hi, this happened to me as well. I had my mouse hovering over the album art in the bottom lift corner, accidentally clicked, and it went away. Do you know how I can get it to show up again? (I'll attach a picture of what it looks like now)

Screen Shot 2018-06-17 at 9.41.58 PM.png

Hey @m6-cg658ci_a.

That's odd. Just to confirm, did you try reinstalling the app? Also, try logging in using a different account to see if it behaves the same. It doesn't matter if the account is Premium or Free.

Let me know how it goes.

This happened to me as well.

I accidentally hit a button on/next to the album art, and it hid itself, and now I can't find any button to reverse that.

same here. it has cover art on my laptop but not my desktop fro some reason

Hi,

Same thing happened to me, I clicked on the album cover in the hopes of enlarging it, but then it disappeared and now I can't get it back. I found it helpful if the album cover shows when a song is playing. The playlist overview only lists the title of the song, the artist and the day the song was added to the playlist, but not the name of the album. So it would be nice to have the album cover showing again. So far I haven't found any tips or tricks on the internet that helped me get it back. Ideas?

Hey everyone!

It'd be great if you can give it a like to the top post if you're experiencing this issue.

Let's make sure you're all using the latest Spotify version (1.0.83) to see if it behaves the same.

Also, if you happen to have access to a different desktop/laptop, try using your account there to see if it has the same issue.

Keep us posted.

Yes this has happened to me too, using the latest updated version with a premium account, except I didnt click on the cover art, it just wasn't there when I loaded up

EDITED AS I MANAGED TO GET IT BACK

If you can drag the vertical bar that seperates your playlists (the dark grey) and what your listening to (the light grey) a small way, the cover art should re-appear, you can then minimise it again with cover art showing. 

Hey @gmxs.

Glad to know it came back by modifying the size of the window.

Can everyone give this a shot to see if it helps?

Keep us posted.

This worked for me 

The same problem just happened to me. I have Spotify premium and am using a mac book air. The version I currently have is the 1.0.86.337..... Since I saw some solutions to this problem would be to uninstall it and then reinstall it that's what I did (twice because the first time the album cover did not appear so I hoped the second time it would) but I continue to have the same problem. It doesn't appear after readjusting the size (like dragging the left column with all the playlists back and forth) neither in fullscreen mode. I also restarted my computer and it didn't reappear then either 😞

Let me know if there's anything else to try I'm really desperate

Suggested posts