Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

On spotify app on windows pc, mid song phrases will repeat itself 3x & then continue, please help

On spotify app on windows pc, mid song phrases will repeat itself 3x & then continue, please help

Plan

Duo Premium

Country

Device

pc

Operating System

Windows

My Question or Issue

We are having an issue where mid song the music will repeat itself a few times and then continue, its almost as if its buffering or a scratched cd. It will be short, random phrases and it is EXTREMELY annoying. It does it sometimes multiple times during a song. We have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app. PLEASE HELP

1 Reply

Hi there @cyclebarhp,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. We'd like to take a closer look into this so that you can enjoy listening to Spotify as you should.

First we'd like to suggest that you remove all lines from your hosts file by following the steps bellow:

1. Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
  2. go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
  3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open
  4. When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com
  5. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0
  6. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them
  7. Save your changes and restart Spotify

If that doesn't do the trick, can you perform a clean reinstall? This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

Let us know how it goes so that we can continue to assist you if you need us to 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts