Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

One of my playlists isn't loading.

Solved!

One of my playlists isn't loading.

Hey

I've got a playlist with all of my music on it, around about 550 songs, which won't load and I don't understand why. I've had this problem with previous playlists that I've made that have all of my music on them so I've deleted them and made a new one which tends to work for a day or two and then that just say's it's loading but also doesn't load no matter how long I wait. This is about the fourth playlist that I've made and this is really starting to become a problem for me. If someone could help I'd really appreciate it 🙂

The playlist URL is: http://open.spotify.com/user/1167441506/playlist/7w6ynaGBalUMIlm3zXZZ5d

My computer runs on Windows 7 and I'm a free user of spotify and I only listen to music on the desktop application however the playlist doesn't load on the web player either.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Just talking to a member of the Spotify team about this, the current update which is rolling out (v0.9.1.43) will solve this issue for you so it should make its way out to you soon! Unfortunately there is no way to manually force the update.

I also wouldn't suggest you try and reinstall manually, it looks like the playlist has not gone into sync with the server correctly (its a v0.9.0.133 issue) so you would most likely loose it in the process. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

21 Replies
Marked as solution

Just talking to a member of the Spotify team about this, the current update which is rolling out (v0.9.1.43) will solve this issue for you so it should make its way out to you soon! Unfortunately there is no way to manually force the update.

I also wouldn't suggest you try and reinstall manually, it looks like the playlist has not gone into sync with the server correctly (its a v0.9.0.133 issue) so you would most likely loose it in the process. 

Peter

Peter

Thanks alot for your help, I hope the update comes out soon! ^_^

Hey there. 

Same issue, yet no solution. 😞

One of my playlist is shown as "loading". if i click on it, it's empty. Either on my desktop- and iPhone client. the web client does not even show this list.

this is really annoying - it's the list i almost every day listen to.

system:

mac osx 10.8.4,

latest spotify client for mac (0.9.0.133).

any chance to get that list back to life?

@spotifinator wrote:

Hey there. 

Same issue, yet no solution. 😞

One of my playlist is shown as "loading". if i click on it, it's empty. Either on my desktop- and iPhone client. the web client does not even show this list.

this is really annoying - it's the list i almost every day listen to.

system:

mac osx 10.8.4,

latest spotify client for mac (0.9.0.133).

any chance to get that list back to life?

Can you post a link to the playlist you are having issues with?

In the desktop client, right click the playlist name and select Copy HTTP link then paste here 😉 

Peter

Peter

http://open.spotify.com/user/1137006392/playlist/6k20QzkMH5YjN4Fdo4Szt9

When i open that link it says "Sorry, couldn't find that." - doesn't sound very promising to me.

@spotifinator wrote:

http://open.spotify.com/user/1137006392/playlist/6k20QzkMH5YjN4Fdo4Szt9

When i open that link it says "Sorry, couldn't find that." - doesn't sound very promising to me.

Yeah, I can't find it using the URI in the client either, looks like there might be something wrong with the playlist. 

Let me pass this over to the Spotify team for you and see what they say 😉 

Peter

Peter

Thanks in advance for that! 

spotifinator - You mention you're on version 0.9.0.133 on your Mac. You should receive an update shortly, which will hopefully sort the issue. When you do, just click Update.

Let us know how you get on.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

i do hope so.

But why is the web browser client not even showing that playlist? shouldn't that just be a software client problem?

@spotifinator wrote:

i do hope so.

But why is the web browser client not even showing that playlist? shouldn't that just be a software client problem?

If the playlist didn't go into sync properly with the server in the desktop client after changes or when it was being made (there is a known issue) then it wouldn't appear on any devices. Fingers crossed the update hits your computer soon! 

Peter

Peter

Bad news!

Today spotify updated itself to a new version.

But still that playlist is shown as "loading"...

system:

mac osx 10.8.4,

latest spotify client for mac (0.9.2.18).

😞

@spotifinator wrote:

Bad news!

Today spotify updated itself to a new version.

But still that playlist is shown as "loading"...

system:

mac osx 10.8.4,

latest spotify client for mac (0.9.2.18).

😞

That is not what we wanted to hear 😞 my apologies! 

This might require a little further digging in that case, can you drop the technical support team an email using the online contact form too, they might have some more bright ideas! 

Peter

Peter

Done.

Fingers crossed.

So far no answer received.

AND now i'm not even get songs from other playlists. Only songs, saved "offline" on hard drive are playing. 

STRANGE!

Can you post your case number from when you got in touch (its in the first automated email) and I will ask someone to put a chase on it for you? 

Also, there are currently some ongoing issues:

https://twitter.com/SpotifyStatus/status/346570514053079043

Peter

Peter

Spotify Support Case # 00751958

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for sending this to us. Someone will reply to your email as soon as possible.

Check out how we're doing: @SpotifyStatus

Did this help? Please click 'Accept as Solution'.

Just to keep you informed:

My latest spotify client for mac 0.9.2.18 hast just been "updated" to version 0.9.1.53.

Looks like a downgrade to me - unfortunately no improvement on that playlist topic yet.

Hey there.

I just received an E-Mail with instructions on how to reinstall Spotify because of changes that where made to my playlists.

So i did that whole delete-and-reinstall-thing as mentioned here:

https://support.spotify.com/de/learn-more/faq/#!/article/reinstallation-of-spotify/

The result was:

- no more offline songs (everything i want to listen to offline > re-download)

- that particular playlist is still in with "loading..." and not a single song.

I'm quite disappointed. 😞

Suggested posts