Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Over three months without desktop app support for South Korea - What is going on?

Over three months without desktop app support for South Korea - What is going on?

Plan

Premium Duo

Country

South Korea

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Last February has seen the official release of Spotify in South Korea. We were offered three months of free trial (since Korea doesn't get free plan for corporate reasons) to try out Spotify in its full glory, but the lack of support for desktop app (returns accesspoint:19 code on login attempt) has watered down the experience quite a lot. I waited as long as I could, hoping it will be a simple fix, and now my free trial will end in a week, most likely without any access to the desktop app.

The idea of free trial is to provide consumers with a full experience of a service/product for a period of time to further help them decide whether it's worth paying for or not. Since the browser-based player is not a perfect replacement of the desktop version, and there were never any clear explanation made in the community regarding this situation, I couldn't help but to feel like this is a hazy, incomplete experience.

I would like to be informed about whether there were any effort made in regards to this issue, and if there were, at least a vague explanation of its progress. Please help me, and others residing in Korea to enjoy Spotify as a whole. Thank you for reading.

2 Replies

Hi there @R_Grey,

Thank you for your post and feedback here in the Community.

Right now we have no official info on when or if the Desktop version will be made available in South Korea. The developer team is constantly striving to improve the app on all platforms so the Desktop app might be something which is implemented in the future.

We're constantly aiming to improve our features so we hope you’ll continue using it and find it gets better in the future. 

Thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help with anything else. We're always one reply away.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hey folks,

We've been informed that the Desktop application is Live in South Korea!

Run a clean reinstall or download the app and check if it's working. 

Keep us posted!

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts