Premium

Country

The Netherlands

Device

Galaxy S10 / Laptop

Operating System

Android / W64

My Question or Issue

I usually play a podcast on my Windows laptop when I go to bed and midway through the episode I will fall asleep.

There seems to be no way to prevent Spotify from playing next (actually previous, old) episodes from the same podcast. While somewhere during the night I get rid of my earphones and am able to sleep...

... when the alarm on my Android device goes off in the morning... it will not play the alarm song. Probably because it decides that Spotify is still in use on my laptop.

This has resulted in me oversleeping at least twice already.

Apart from that I get really ridiculous statistics on my yearly overview.

While I have found a work-around: open a command shell on windows and enter:

shutdown -s -t 7200

to shutdown the laptop 2 hours later, I guess it would be much nicer to have to option to disable autoplay for podcasts like there is for music.

1 Reply

Hey there @SmurfX4,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Currently there is no way to stop podcast episodes playing automatically on the desktop app. However what we can recommend as a workaround is to use the Mobile app and add individual podcast episodes to a playlist. You can do this by clicking the 3 dots   (iOS), or the  (Android) symbol in the right corner of each track and Add to Playlist. This way you'll have control over exactly how many episodes will be played per night.

We think your idea to add such a feature to the Desktop app might appeal to a lot of users 🙂 That’s why we appreciate you taking the time to share your suggestion with our Community. 

You can go ahead and create an idea in the relevant idea board. We're always open to new ideas that could improve the app and its features. Here's more info on how ideas work. 

It's also worth checking this help article for useful tips on how to submit an idea. As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented :slightly_smiling_face: 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Have an awesome day!  

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts