NEXT STEP

PC / Mac / Iphone - desktop don't show proper likes

PC / Mac / Iphone - desktop don't show proper likes

Plan

Premium

Country

Poland

Device

(iPhone SE 2020, PC, Macbook Pro mid 2015)

Operating System

(iOS 14.2, MacOS 10.14.6, Windows 10)

So the thing is: PC and MAC desktop apps won't show likes for the SAME SONGS, SAME RELEASE, that shows my iPhone. Let me explain. On desktop apps in both systems I have a random track liked long time ago, when I play it, like is visible in the player BUT NOT in the artist profile/release.

ayyleeway_0-1604841480385.png

ayyleeway_1-1604841495474.png

(But when I click "show album"?)

IMG_6905.PNG

IMG_6904.PNG

It's not a one track thing. I saw this too many times. I don't want to click duplicates! This is THE SAME SONG AND THE SAME RELEASE.

I've reinstalled EVERYTHING and CLEARED CACHE. Logout and login, updated etc. It didn't help!

This problem is so frustrating an confusing!

7 Replies

Hey @ayyleeway,

Thanks for getting in touch with us. Don't worry. Help is here 🙂

The troubleshooting steps you've tried are very good. We'd like to add a few more.

Can you give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall? This one is more thorough than the usual reinstall. It's also a good idea to try with another account. That way we can check if it's an account-related issue.

If you've already tried these steps or you've tried some additional troubleshooting steps, let us know. That way we'll able to avoid any repeating steps.

Keep us posted! If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I've just did clean reinstall with the steps mentioned in here https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Answers/How-can-I-perform-a-clean-reinstall-of-the-app/ta-p...

The problem still occur!
I don't have anyone with a Spotify account that I could access and try.

This is what is showing from artist profile:

ayyleeway_0-1605100679737.png

Searched and clicked this track from my "liked" library:

ayyleeway_1-1605100713479.png

I've tried something, and clicked the like button again on the artist profile and now I have duplicate:

ayyleeway_2-1605100923180.png

But if I unlike "liked in the past" track, both tracks disappears:

ayyleeway_3-1605101249649.png

Please help me.

Hey @ayyleeway,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

Can you try running the app as an administrator? Are there any changes?

If that doesn't help, it's a good idea to head here and create a new account. Does the issue persist? 

Keep us in the loop! We'll be right here if you have any questions.

Ver Moderator

Hi Ver, I did EVERYTHING You told me. Nothing helps. Here are more screenshots of this f***** up situation. (List of my likes of this artist and what shows me the app) It's unacceptable that as big company and app as Spotify don't work properly!!!

IMG_7021.jpg
IMG_7019.PNG
IMG_7024.jpg

Hey @ayyleeway,

Thanks for getting back to us.

The behavior your describing can happen when an album gets reuploaded by the distributors. If they have different metadata or URIs, the app will check backstage to link to the accurate track, but it will currently miss to transfer the liked status to the newer version.

We've provided guidelines to distributors of what they can do to keep tracks fully in sync and basically overwrite old versions, but we know this is something that occurs. For now we suggest that you unlike the "old" track in the liked songs or saved album and replace it with the new one.

We'll keep working on improving this experience moving forward and advise that you keep the app up to date with the latest version so that you don't miss out on any fixes.

Hope this shines a bit of light on the matter. We'll be here if you have any other questions.

Mihail Moderator

First factual answer, thank You @mihail! Okay, fingers crossed for fixing this. Is there somewhere a group feature suggestion for new versions that I can upvote in this matter?

Hey @ayyleeway,

Thanks for your post.

For now, we'd recommend you take a look in our Idea Exchange and see if someone has already submitted an idea for this feature to be added  and if not post your own.

Hope this info is useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Mihail Moderator

Suggested posts