Premium

Country

UK

Device

Medion Razer Laptop, Google Pixel Phone

Operating System

Windows 10, Android 9

My Question or Issue

The version of Spotify on my laptop has suddenly become disconnected from my phone via Connect, and Last.fm. Spotify on my laptop and phone don't recognise each other via Connect, and tracks listened to on my laptop won't scrobble to Last.fm.

I've reinstalled Spotify on both my phone and laptop, and restarted my laptop.

3 Replies

I'm having the same problem since last weekend.

I got both the iOS and Android Apps, along with 3 Spotify speakers in sync with each others whereas the PC App appear to be isolated from the rest and can only play music in the local PC.

The 3 spotify speakers keep poping up and then disappear in the "Connect to a device" list.

Uninstalling and updating to the latest PC App wont fix the issue

Same problem here.

I fix it for some time closing the desktop app and launching what I'm about to listen from the web app or from the phone, then I open the desktop app again, I choose it as listening source and somehow it does work again (even the scrobbling to Last.fm) and connects to other devices.

This is just a momentary fix though... the desktop app stops working randomly.

I tried uninstalling/reinstalling but nothing solved.

If you play Spotify on your phone and then look for the devices on your laptop while the phone is playing does it still not find it? If so try to play music from both devices at the same time, I believe I had this issue a couple of time around a year or so ago and that fixed it.

Suggested posts