Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO CHANGE MY REGISTERED EMAIL ADDRESS!!!!!!!

Solved!

PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO CHANGE MY REGISTERED EMAIL ADDRESS!!!!!!!

I have been seeking help on this previously and have tried all the recommended solutions. I am being pushed ever closer to dumping Spotify. Too many problems and it's just not worth it. I really don't want to, but I am just so p***ed off. God forbid I end up with Apple or Amazon. Really want to support a European company, but you don't make it easy.

My problem (one of the many I now have with Spotify) is that I joined Spotify via Facebook. I registered with Facebook using an email that now no longer exists. I have changed this on Facebook, but this change does not register on Spotify. Also, you can't just edit your email address on your spotify account. Apparently you have to decouple Spotify from Facebook first. I have tried to do this and failed. The functionality just didn't seem to exist when I look for it.

This means, that when someone answers this post (if anyone ever does). I won't be notified. It also seems that I don't get any info on artists I follow, new releases, tour dates etc. It seems these are sent by email (although I have no way of knowing that). There seems (senselessly) to be no in app notifications of events affecting followed artists. If there are, I don't get them.

I've had the email problem with other online accounts where that dont allow you to change your registered email address, but they do at least allow you to enter an alternative email address at which to receive notifications.

So Spotify, it really isn't beyond the wit of man (save this one) to solve this problem, so please do so.

So is it just impossible for me to sort this out or  

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @MarkWilliams123

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

Since you created your Spotify account through Facebook, it won't be possible for you to change the email address on your own, but you can reach out to Customer Support and they will be happy to update it for you. 

For more steps, make sure to check out this Spotify Answer

I hope you'll find this helpful! 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello @MarkWilliams123

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

Since you created your Spotify account through Facebook, it won't be possible for you to change the email address on your own, but you can reach out to Customer Support and they will be happy to update it for you. 

For more steps, make sure to check out this Spotify Answer

I hope you'll find this helpful! 

Hi Emilia. Customer support have sorted it. Many thanks.

Hi @MarkWilliams123

Thanks for getting back to me and for accepting my answer as solution!

I'm glad to hear they were able to help. 

Have a great day! 

Suggested posts