Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Pause not pausing?

Pause not pausing?

Spotify premium on Windows 10:

TL;DR: Pause doesn't pause, it just silences the song until the song ends at which point it stops. Happens via direct app control, keyboard controls, or even phone control of desktop app.

So I've always had odd little issues with Spotify - the app refusing to play similar songs at the end of a playlist when my phone was connected to wifi; Being able to run 3 different apps (phone, PC, and PS4) simultaneously on the same network without any of them interacting with each other even if I told them to; the list goes on. But it was a free app and still let me play better music than regular ol' radio.

This is no longer the case. Not only am I now paying for this service and thus expect a better product, I have also encountered a much more impactful glitch. My pause button, no matter how I activate it (click, keyboard button, phone, etc), does not actually pause my music. I click pause, the music goes silent, but the song keeps playing. The pause button does not change to a play button. And until the timer reaches the end of the song, I cannot restart the song. IF I wait until the song ends via the timer I then can restart the song from where I initially paused and the timer goes back to the proper time. No other playback functions (next, previous, or even manually selecting a time in the song) work once I've attempted to pause the song. The same thing happens if I try to control my desktop app via my phone, except that if I unpause on my phone the playback switches to playing from my phone (with no prompt or action from me).

PS - If anyone can also figure out why Spotify doesn't autoplay similar songs when my music ends if I'm using my phone app on wifi, please tell me. I'm kinda tired of having to use mobile data to listen to music while surrounded by free, fast wifi.

1 Reply

Hey @_-vb1r3escuw, welcome to the Spotify Community!

Could you let us know what device, operating system, Spotify version you're using? We'd recommend trying from a different account.

Also, best thing to try here is a reinstall. Just follow the steps at https://support.spotify.com/article/reinstallation-of-spotify/.

Take care 🙂

Suggested posts