Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Play Queue

Play Queue

With the updated spotify web player it seems that it no longer allows you to add a specific song in to the queue to play next?  Please tell me they didn't remove this feature! If I'm playing a playlist but want to hear a song that's not in that playlist I don't want to have to go back and re shuffle the playlist I was listening to after playing said song. 

8 Replies

I can't queue on the web player and that's all I can listen to at work. If this is how it's going to be from now on, please let me know so I can figure something out. I don't understand how this feature could be taken away with a new web release. It's like unveiling half a product and trying to pass it off for new. 

The only solution I've found so far is to use Internet Explorer rather than Chrome, old version still up there. 

...Or install an add-on for Chrome, Chromium and Firefox that emulates user-agents such as IE.
User Agent Switcher, as example.

People on Twitter are asking to bring Play Queue back. I support that idea with all my limbs.

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I tried this but IE is so glitchy and wouldn't allow me to queue even though the option was there. 

What browser are you using? You could try some user-agent switcher, if you're comfortable with installing add-ons.
SebastySpotify Star

I'm using Chrome and I'm unable to use a user-agent switcher because it messes up other functions in Gmail such as my calendar and google drive which I use often for work functions. I guess I'll just wait to see if they restore the queue functionality and ability to delete a song from my playlist on the web player. 

You can specify on what page the user-agent switcher is supposed to work and leave it by default on other pages. That doesn't work for you?

SebastySpotify Star

I didn't know that. I'll try when I get back in work in Monday.

Suggested posts