Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Play all songs by artist?

Solved!

Play all songs by artist?

According to a thread this feature is implemented 

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/0-8-8-Bring-back-play-all-songs-by-artist/idi-p/292682

but I cant seem to find where to 'play all songs by artist' 

is this possible without having to manually add every single song/album to a playlist?

if so, can someone please tell me how as i have searched all over for this and the help is the most useless thing i have ever read.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@dvmarttel,
@deverman,
@ststegemann,

I thank you, everyone, here for teaching me.

The users here have taught me everything about how to make my own "programming fixes" to get to listen to the greatest music collection here at Spotify.

Copy this solution quick, please, my friends-- before the Spotify juvenile delinquents get here and completely deface this solution like they have the other postings of these "programming fixes" that the Spotify users have to do themselves since Spotify development is too busy channeling everybody through those lucrative advertising payolas Discover and ReleaseRadar. (I laugh-- Did you laugh?)

For Windows-- As my Spotify advisers have taught me-- when I finally listened-- I use only the fully-functioning Spotify player 0.9.15.27 player as long as it still has fully functioning capabilities such as *30,000 track editable Play queue, *Actual shuffling so that every track plays from an editable SpotifyFolder of 80,000 tracks sortable by Artist, Album, TrackName, AddedDate >> before making any repeat. <<

For all of the tracks for Eminem--

* Ctrl-L, Search for Eminem, under Artists

* Artists, view Discography

* LeftClick in a Black area of the Eminem Artists page where there is no link-- (I laugh-- Isn't it ridiculous!-- What it takes to listen to Spotify's music?)

* On the keyboard, press the EndKey repeatedly-- about five times-- For BillieHoliday, you have to press the EndKey about fifty times-- until you see the jammed AlbumArt at the bottom of the page, in the "Appears on" section. Then PageUp a few times until you see "actual TrackNames"-- for Eminem, you will see the TrackName "No Apologies"-- Great title, yes?

* LeftClick the "No Apologies" last TrackName to highlight the whole trackLine.

* Then carefully drag the BlackOnBlack slider-- see it? (Did you laugh?)-- at the very right margin of the screen-- to the very top of the lists of tracks under albums-- without encroaching on the area of the tracklists.

* When you get to the top of the display of lists of tracks in albums, Hold down the ShiftKey on the keyboard and leftClick the very top TrackName that is grouped under an Album-- for Eminem, this TrackName on 2016/09/28 is "Bad Guy". Still holding down the ShiftKey on the keyboard, LeftClick the TrackName "Bad Guy"-- you will see that the tracks following "Bad Guy" now show as highlighted-- If the tracks following "Bad Guy" are not also highlighted, then do over from the top, because you disturbed somehow the rootHighlight of the "No Apologies" TrackName at the very bottom of the whole discography of Eminem.

* RightClick on the topHightlightedTrack-- for Eminem, it is "Bad Guy"-- wait for the DropDownMenu with "Add to..." to appear-- for Eminem this takes about twenty seconds.

* Click on Add to ..., New Playlist

* Go to the top "New Playlist" at the top of your list of Playlists, sort by TrackName in the top "New Playlist" to see the next problem you have to solve-- For Eminem, there are Four repeats of the TrackName "3 a.m."-- These hated repeats are on different Albums, and Spotify gives these repeats different UniqueIds-- so to remove the duplicate TrackNames of "3 a.m.", you need a "programming fix" that deletes the duplicate tracks-- I use >> this DeDuplicator by Artist, TrackName << which runs nicely in a new instance of Chrome for CompleteSpotifyMusicLibraries of 50,000 tracks.

You will still have the hated duplicates from the "Remixes"-- such as for the Eminem "Travis Barker Remix"-- Delete these "Remixes" manually-- Or I have a deDuplicator that someone taught me that runs in Excel-- ask around-- In this case, your "programming fix" has to take apart the TrackName to find the "3 a.m." root that identifies the hated repeat.

Go with God, my friends!
Spotify is the best!
You have to do the "programming fixes" yourself-- because this is SpotifyAsItIs, the Greatest music collection ever and everywhere!

View solution in original post

29 Replies

@norisounds wrote:

According to a thread this feature is implemented 

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/0-8-8-Bring-back-play-all-songs-by-artist/idi-p/292682

but I cant seem to find where to 'play all songs by artist' 

is this possible without having to manually add every single song/album to a playlist?

if so, can someone please tell me how as i have searched all over for this and the help is the most useless thing i have ever read.

Hey!

If you're running our latest version, when clicking on a track from an artist page it should automatically queue the rest of the tracks on that page. You don't need to activate anything for this to happen.

What's your Spotify version number?

___

New to the Community? Check out the Community newbie tips

Did I solve your problem? Click 'Accept As Solution' to help others find the answer!

Need Spotify help on Twitter? Head to @SpotifyCares

My Spotify  version number: 0.9.0.133

Thanks for the reply. This works, although it was not obvious to find how to use this feature. I tried to search through the help and online community and there was nothing on this. From the help I get this and I didnt find that overly useful. Sorry for my frustrated comment in my original post.

What I am doing is listening to a radio station and when I hear a song I like, I click on the artist name. What I want to do is then add all the songs from that artist to my playlists (if there are more than 1 album) and continue to listen to the radio station.

As it is now (as you suggested) I need to click on a track by the artists (stops radio), then change to the queue and select all the tracks, add to my playlists, then go back to my radio station I was listening to and restart.

Is there a way to do it the way I would like or should I as for this as an added feature?

Thanks for the help btw 🙂

Greg wrote:

If you're running our latest version, when clicking on a track from an artist page it should automatically queue the rest of the tracks on that page. You don't need to activate anything for this to happen.

This works on [high performance] legacy versions as well. 

I've heard that the current version has issues playing ALL of the tracks from the artist page.  It apparently stops at the end of the album you clicked on, or shuffles from only that album and stops.  This may have been fixed, but it was definitely a reported issue at one point.

To confirm, check your queue.

@Rollo_ wrote:
    Greg wrote:

This works on [high performance] legacy versions as well. 

I've heard that the current version has issues playing ALL of the tracks from the artist page.  It apparently stops at the end of the album you clicked on, or shuffles from only that album and stops.  This may have been fixed, but it was definitely a reported issue at one point.

To confirm, check your queue.

This was corrected in v0.8.8.450 (or 0.9.0!) 😉 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I know this is an old thread, but with my current version (MacOS 0.9.6.81) when I go to an artist's page, and click the play icon shown over the artist thumbail, it only plays the 10 songs in the Popular list.

How do i get it to play ALL the songs on the Artist page?

Do you have the repeat button on in the bottom right corner of the client? If so try turning it off.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Same problem (Mac OS X v0.9.7.16.g4b197456)

Shuffle and Repeat are off (though doesn't really matter). Pressing the play button on the Artist artwork on their profile page just plays the top 10.

The nearest thing to "play all" is hitting play on a track listed in the albums. It doesn't really queue them all though, just the next 51 tracks, so if you want to shuffle through random songs by the artist this doesn't work (it shuffles through the first ~50 songs).

Really seems like there ought to be a tab for "all songs" or a separate play all (rather than play popular) button.

YES -- to check if it works, check your PLAY QUEUE to verify that all songs are actually in the queue.... NOT at all obvious, but I guess I'm not a POWER user gettin' my money's worth of SPOTIFY.

Still no way to play all songs from one artist? What I can do is klick on the three little dots next to an album from the artists page, and select que. Then I do this on all the albums, but then shuffle and repeat are turned off (Shuffling is not possible in the current playing view) If I instead select "listen to artist radio" Spotify playes music that are similar to the artist, so that doesnt work as I had hoped. Another question, what is the save (next to every album) button for?

This feature doesn't seem to be working as expected. When there's an artist with a significant number of albums (such as Hans Zimmer), playing a song will queue only the following 50 songs, not the rest of the songs on the page.  Additionally, when you hit "Play" next to an artist, it only makes sense that you're wanting to play all of that artist's songs, not just the most popular. I really wish it worked that way instead of forcing me to go through each album and adding them to queue.

OK my version is 1.0.23.90.g42187855 on Win7. So I got this strange idea hey I just play all discography by one artist should be easy right?

So I go to artist page click play next to artist .... luckily I tryied on web player SO HERE IS HINT AS CLOSEST YOU CAN GET IS WEB PLAYER IT QUEUES 100 SONGS INSTEAD OF 50 on standalone player.

But that for christ sake is all. I tried recommendation here same result. Without any reason you cant queue more than 100 songs by artist on web player or 50 on standalone player (with a simple click, you could workaround this of course by 20 more clicks to create a playlist depending how large discography artist have)

This is not the first stuck with spotify maybe I switch back to google. Apparently is more easy to add 10 000 songs a day to database than to develop a decent player.

OK ONe MORE HINT TRY CLEMENTINE PLAYER AND LOGIN TO SPOTIFY....... dont know if it would work but I am going to try

Allright I give up. Using Clementine / Search on Spotify / Enter Artist / have 200 songs. So the number is getting bigger , great , so maybe one day , one day .............

This is pretty ridiculous. I was trying to give spotify a chance but since it seems to have NO decent features compared to any other internet radio, I'll go back to iheart.

Would you like to know how to make a quick playlist with Every song by an artist?

@WolfSpirit,

@uzolmaxrep?

yep bring it on, dont mention compile Clementine with differnet values I already try that

Which artist seems difficult for getting a "quick playlist" with every song?

having the same problem, show me!

Eminem.

I am using a discounted Spotify trial membership and the only way I listen to songs is by trying to listen to the whole artist discography but I actually can't figure out how to do this now it repeats too many of the same songs and doesn't go deep into the catalog. Hope someone can explain how to fix this so I continue my membership.

This is so completely fckeud up that I cant' believe it.  ONE friggin artist, every song.  What's the problem SPOTIFY.  F you if you can't make it easy for us!  I'm not going to pay you $10 a month for siht for service request as basic as this.

Suggested posts