Country

Sweden

Device

PC and Android

Operating System

Windows 10 and Android

My Question or Issue

Hi,

Recently you have removed the ability to play all tracks from a folder of two levels. I have a folder that contained subfolders that had tracks in them. I could shuffle and play all tracks from this top level folder a week ago on PC (and a year ago from android, which you removed for no apparent reason which sucks), but not now after what I guess is an update or something from your side. I can still shuffle and play tracks when selecting the subfolder within the first folder, but not the topmost folder.

Why this change? Why do I always have to downgrade my client to an earlier version when you make weird choices of removing/adding stuff?

Capture.JPG
10 Replies

I desperately hope Spotify does something about this. My entire Spotify use revolves around wonderful folder trees. I went from being very satisfied to being unable to shuffle my music. I'm using Pandora at the office today since I can't shuffle.

No response?

Hey @Hugol0l and @PancakeScience,

Thanks for your feedback. We're always trying out new things to improve Spotify.

If you'd like to let the right people know about your feedback, please head over to the Ideas Exchange. It's where we go to to find out what our users think, so we can improve the app ๐Ÿ™‚

Looking forward to your posts! Have a nice day.

There already exists tons of "bring back Folder shuffle", so I guess if you don't really want to adress those posts, mine won't make any different. Essentially I just want an answer WHY you removed it in the first place since so many people seem to use it.

Capture.JPG

Thanks @Guido. Head over there on desktop, mobile wasn't showing me how to easily post idea exchange. I understand that Spotify can't appease everyone, but I certainly want to find the right place to share my experience for corrections or answers. The loud volume thread I'm also active on has been there for years now, limited action.

Hey @PancakeScience and @Hugol0l,

We understand that there may be ideas already submitted about certain topics. If something hasn't been considered before, it might not have been the right time, but this can change. You can always submit new ideas and other people can vote for them ๐Ÿ™‚

If you do find an idea that is still open, it's always better to give a vote there instead.

Let us know if you have any other questions ๐Ÿ™‚

Well, I want to know why this is slowly being removed from all platforms in the first place, are you able to answer that question?

The feature is back in the latest version.

Wow! I guess that is a start, hopefully they will get their heads out of the sand and bring it back to Mobile too

Suggested posts