Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Play iTunes songs with spotify quality

Solved!

Play iTunes songs with spotify quality

Hey guys,

I'm new with spotify and I have a question:

Since my music in iTunes does not always have the best quality and correct covers and so on I would like to play the tracks from iTunes via Spotify. Like I want Spotify to look up the tracks and search them in the spotify database instead of playing the local mp3. How is this possible?

Greetings,

Johannes

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Currently you cannot add your iTunes songs to your songs section.

I suggest you add a kudo to this idea to show your support that you want it added:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Making-us-able-to-add-LOCAL-FILES-to-the-new-quot-You...

Spotify usually links your local files to the one Spotify has if there is a match. You can tell if Spotify linked it because the artist and album title will be white, instead of greyed out. If Spotify hasn't already linked them, you will have to search from them manually. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Currently you cannot add your iTunes songs to your songs section.

I suggest you add a kudo to this idea to show your support that you want it added:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Making-us-able-to-add-LOCAL-FILES-to-the-new-quot-You...

Spotify usually links your local files to the one Spotify has if there is a match. You can tell if Spotify linked it because the artist and album title will be white, instead of greyed out. If Spotify hasn't already linked them, you will have to search from them manually. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts