Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playing Spotify on two devices in my home at the same time

Playing Spotify on two devices in my home at the same time

I have a computer in my bedroom and one in the living room.  I pull spotify up on both of them and both computers are connected to a sound system.  However, it will only play on one or the other?!? **bleep**? They are both using the same cable/Internet connection so where is the block? I also have another computer outside with the stereo set up through that one too.  I was going to download Spotify to that computer and play it there too, at the same time.  When I downloaded Spotify on the bedroom computer it said that Spotify was playing on the living room computer and showed the computer in the bedroom and when I clicked on it, the living room music from spotify went off and only played in the bedroom.  Not good.  I could find no option to choose both of them so it appears the limitation is what spotify is creating and I haven't been able to figure out why?  I pay for premium and apparently that is one of the features, right? To be able to do all these things with spotify?  Please correct this block, because it is limiting what can be done with spotify.  Thank you.

1 Reply

In order to listen to more devices at the same time, I believe you'll need a family subscription. But if you are living alone or it's just for yourself so you have music continously playing everywhere in the house, you can still do this: Since you won't be in two places at once, when you move from one room to another you can simply continue the playback by using Spotify Connect. 

For example, when you are in the bedroom and want to go to the living room, you can simply select 'devices' and switch to the device in the living room and it will resume playing your music there.

There is also the choice of installing a Sonos system or from another brand that streams your music to different speakers throughout the house.

Suggested posts