Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist Folder not displaying correctly

Playlist Folder not displaying correctly

Premium on Windows 10.

I have Playlist Folders inside another folder. So the overarching Structure is Genre->SubGenre->Artist Playlist. This has worked fine for the past 4 years but recently when i select just the Genre i get an empty screen and none of the Playlistfolders inside that folder show up making it impossible to play all songs from te overarching folder. Clicking on the Subgenre folders works fine just not the overarching folder.

spotify.PNG
10 Replies

Hey @xZhaitan! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

That doesn't sound cool.

Have you tried reinstalling your app? If not here's a step by step tutorial.

Let me know if that helps, thanks! ^^

Peace

Doesn't work, I have the same problem and already reinstalled twice.

I reinstalled and it still wont display correctly.

Experiencing the same issue on Ubuntu 18.04.1

Same issue here.

I found removing all the subfolders would bring back the page that has the play button on it (until you click off it anyway), but dragging the subfolders back in doesn't add them to the shuffled queue, you only get the playlists that are directly in that folder.

Work around is to create a "play now" list and move the playlists into that folder to play them, and then refile them in their proper subfolder when you don't want to listen to them. Which is a massive PITA.

Hey @Crys,

This is strange indeed. What about trying to create new playlists (with the same or with different songs) and new sub/folders? Does that solve the issue? We know it's annoying, but we can't think of a reason why this would happen - we tried reproducing it here, and everything looks as normal.

Keep us posted,

P

creating new folder inside a folder still reproduces the issue. When selecting upper folder it does not display anything. Used to display folders contained in it

I tried attaching screenshots of application in this state but I got such error

creating new folder inside a folder still reproduces the issue. When selecting upper folder it does not display anything. Used to display folders contained in it

I tried attaching screenshots of application in this state but I got weird error

Hey folks,

First and foremost, make sure that you reinstall the app if you haven't already. Always keep the app up-to-date

If that doesn't help, try maximizing/minimizing the Spotify window and see if anything changes. 

Also create a new folder, add 2-3 playlists that contain around 10-20 tracks each to that folder, and see if there's any change. 

Let us know how it goes! 🙂

So I was away for a week started my PC and now everything is back to normal no clue how or what changed but all the folders and playlists are back to displaying correctly.

spotify2.PNG

I confirm issue is resolved on Windows "by itself".
On Linux however it persists even after reinstalling Spotify.

State of window doesn't change behaviour.

New folders with subfolders with playlists behave in the same way as existing ones (selecting main folder doesn't display subfolders or playlists)

Suggested posts