Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist Pictures are messed up

Playlist Pictures are messed up

Hi,

I have had an issue with the custom Playlist Pictures for some time now. I'm not sure if Spotify is aware of it but some updates solve it then another will break it.

My problem is that I upload perfectly square pictures for the playlists. As in, all dimensions of the images are the same.  But I've found that sometimes on the profile or playlist searching view on PC, that the sides are not shown properly. 

This is hard to explain, so I'll just show this weird bug in action.

Below is what the playlist looks like on my profile. As you can see, it weirdly is missing the top line of the image. 

spotify1.png

For reference, this is what the playlist image SHOULD look like.

spotify2.png

Now, this isn't just this playlist. Nor is it just the top bit of the image cut off, it's weirdly random.

Sometimes a side can be missing or sometimes it's fine. Also when I click the SEE ALL button on my profile, it weirdly changes to cut another bit off my image.

Now I understand I could just not add borders to my playlist arts/pictures. But I like aesthetics, and this makes my organised playlist look a little more disorganised.

You can see my playlists on my profile here, but you will have to open it in the Desktop program in order to see the issues: https://open.spotify.com/user/purpleronsk?si=R09VJ7VjS-KUCg3DlZBxTA

Thanks for reading, have a nice weekend.

4 Replies

Interesting, how do u actually change the custom image?

On the desktop app, I'm assuming same for Mac, you can hover over the
playlist covers and edit it by uploading your own image. Can't do this on
mobile tho it sucks.

Thanks, is there a size limit or pixel limit?

Hey @Ronsk.

Thanks for reaching out on the Community. We're here to help!

Hm, that's odd. We're seeing your playlists with the borders as normal when we reproduce it on our end. 

Have you tried a clean reinstall for starters? Just follow the steps outlined here.

Let us know how you get on! If you need any more help, we’ll be right here.

Take care,

P

PS Love the artwork on those playlists! Really slick 🙂

Suggested posts