Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Bug] Double clicking on playlist no longer starts on first SORTED song

Solved!

[Bug] Double clicking on playlist no longer starts on first SORTED song

Since a few versions ago, when I double click in a playlist in the sidebar, instead of playing the first sorted (if you have the list sorted by, for example, addition date) song (i.e. the one that is on top of the list) it always starts in the original first song of the playlist (the one that appears on top when no sorting is being used).

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Flerex ,

I don't think it's a bug, but it was indeed starting from the first song based on your sorting options in the past. Now it starts from the first song of the playlist without the sorting options (eg. by date, artists etc.)

In my opinion, this started shortly after the change of clicking the album art, you can find more details on this topic here - [Desktop] Clicking on album art highlights wrong song in sorted playlists

MartinStoichkovSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

16 Replies

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

PC 

Operating System

Windows

Desktop Version

1.1.27.472.gf6574b97

My Question or Issue

When double clicking on a playlist in your library, it starts playing the first song in the default sort order (as if there is no user sort applied to the playlist)

This used to work - If I had the playlist sorted by "Date Added (descending)" and I started playing the playlist without a selecting a particular song, it would play the first one in the list while taking my sort preference into account. 

Repro:

1. Create playlist
  2. add songs
  3. sort by date added desc
  4. go to Home
  5. double click on playlist in side menu
  6. the first song to be played is not the first in the list while taking into account the sort added in step 3.

Same problem here, happens since the last update for me

Same issue here since a recent update.

It messes up on Android Auto as well. I tap on a playlist and it only plays in default sort order.

For some reason it fixed itself for me, not sure if there has been an update.

What version are you on? I'm on 1.1.28.721.g5b5ee660 and I'm still getting the issue.

Noted above 🙂

I'm also on 1.1.28.721.g5b5ee660 but i no longer have the issue, maybe it's something with windows or some other conflicting program? 

I was replying to aqmery since he/she said that their problem had resolved itself. Anyway, I reinstalled Spotify and it seems to have fixed the issue.

EDIT: Problem persists after Spotify restart. This is aggravating.

Is this being looked at? it's extremely annoying. Also I'm having this problem in the Mac desktop version!

Bump

Hey there @Flerex,

Thanks for bringing this up.

The double-click is intended as a shortcut, which brings up the playlist and starts playing from the first song added (by date).

We think your idea to have the double-click function play the playlist in the order you last filtered might appeal to a lot of users 🙂 That’s why we appreciate you taking the time to share your suggestion with our Community. 

You can go ahead and create an idea on the relevant idea board. We're always open to new ideas that could improve the app and its features. Here's more info on how ideas work. 

It's also worth checking this help article for useful tips on how to submit an idea. As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented 🙂

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Have an awesome day!  

XeniaModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

That's weird. It has always worked according to the current sorting order (which is what you would expect from this kind of UI) except for the last few versions. It's pretty unintuitive and doesn't follow the most common UI/UX standards. Are you sure it's not a bug?

Hi again @Flerex,

Thanks for your reply.

As far as we're aware, this is the intended way for the app to function, but we can pass your feedback on to the responsible team 🙂

Just as a reminder - you can always share your idea on the relevant idea board.

Don't hesitate to contact us again, if you have more questions.

Have an awesome day!

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Marked as solution

Hey @Flerex ,

I don't think it's a bug, but it was indeed starting from the first song based on your sorting options in the past. Now it starts from the first song of the playlist without the sorting options (eg. by date, artists etc.)

In my opinion, this started shortly after the change of clicking the album art, you can find more details on this topic here - [Desktop] Clicking on album art highlights wrong song in sorted playlists

MartinStoichkovSpotify Star
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey folks!

Thanks for your patience.

@MartinStoichkov you're right here. We've checked with the right team and we can confirm that the playlist starting from the first song is expected behavior. The playback will include shuffle if you have it on, but the filters are not considered.

Hope this helps. If there is anything else we can help you with just let us know.

Have an awesome day!

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Same issue here. Annoying as f*

Suggested posts