Announcements
Hi folks! We're aware of reports about your Wrapped stories misbehaving and we're looking into it. We've managed to fix the issue with the Wrapped banner/stories not showing up. More info here. If the stories cause your app to stop responding, please subscribe here. Also, check out our Wrapped FAQ for answers to common questions.

Playlist double click doesn't play from the saved sort order.

Playlist double click doesn't play from the saved sort order.

Regular

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

PC 

Operating System

Windows

Desktop Version

1.1.27.472.gf6574b97

My Question or Issue

When double clicking on a playlist in your library, it starts playing the first song in the default sort order (as if there is no user sort applied to the playlist)

This used to work - If I had the playlist sorted by "Date Added (descending)" and I started playing the playlist without a selecting a particular song, it would play the first one in the list while taking my sort preference into account. 

Repro:

1. Create playlist
  2. add songs
  3. sort by date added desc
  4. go to Home
  5. double click on playlist in side menu
  6. the first song to be played is not the first in the list while taking into account the sort added in step 3.

8 Replies

Re: Playlist double click doesn't play from the saved sort order.

Casual Listener

Same problem here, happens since the last update for me

Casual Listener
Same issue here since a recent update.

It messes up on Android Auto as well. I tap on a playlist and it only plays in default sort order.

Casual Listener
For some reason it fixed itself for me, not sure if there has been an update.

Casual Listener

What version are you on? I'm on 1.1.28.721.g5b5ee660 and I'm still getting the issue.

Regular

Noted above 🙂

Casual Listener

I'm also on 1.1.28.721.g5b5ee660 but i no longer have the issue, maybe it's something with windows or some other conflicting program? 

Casual Listener

I was replying to aqmery since he/she said that their problem had resolved itself. Anyway, I reinstalled Spotify and it seems to have fixed the issue.

EDIT: Problem persists after Spotify restart. This is aggravating.

Is this being looked at? it's extremely annoying. Also I'm having this problem in the Mac desktop version!

SUGGESTED POSTS