Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist keeps jumping back to first song.

Playlist keeps jumping back to first song.

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

At random times a playlist will keep jumping back to the first song.  Once it starts doing this nothing I try fixes it.  Then hours or sometimes days later it will play the tracks in order again.

This has been happening for a couple of months now.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, etc, but nothing seems to resolve it.  Only happens on my Windows 10 device.

35 Replies

Hey there @Sphinx

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

We're currently aware of an issue causing the behavior you describe. We suggest you go to this Ongoing Issue and add your vote to it by clicking on the +VOTE

It'll also be useful to subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up to date with any relevant updates about this.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

My playlist keeps jumping back to the first song once I pick a song or pause it. This is very annoying and I was wondering if there is anyway to fix this issue?

Hi there @Davidshine1223,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

First we'd recommend you to perform a clean reinstall of the app. This will makes sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If that doesn't do the trick, can you let us know which device/devices this occurs on?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi, the same thing has been happening to me and did the whole reinstalling but it just doesn’t work for me. 

I don’t have premium, and frequently use it on my iPad.

Hey @Socksthetic,

Thanks for joining the thread!
Could you let us know if this is happening across all your devices :?
We'd also like to know the Spotify & OS versions of the affected ones.

We'll be on the lookout for your response 🙂

VasilModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

just started happening to me on my droid with in the last 2 weeks? whats the solution? I have installed and reinstalled.

happening across all devices (phones laptop tablet etc)

Hello,

same issue here, probably for the last two weeks.

I've tried cache clearing, reinstalling, updating... Help, please 😅

(device: Samsung galaxy S21)

Hey folks,

Thanks for the info. Could you please make a video recording of this behaviour? Preferrably on multiple devices. That would greatly help us with the investigation.

Keep us posted.

JoanModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

weirdly mine seems to resolves it's self yesterday... if it happens again i will take ethe video. 

Hi! Same issue, on all devices (Mac, Windows, Android). Usually it happens after I close the app or pc goes to sleep mode and then I wake it up.

Same here, keeps jumping back to first song. Ipad and android, has nothing to do with clean install

Same here, keeps jumping back to first song in most of the playlists I try on iPhone. 

Hey folks,

Thanks for your replies and welcome.

@JustDezz, thanks for the video recordings. From what we could see, it seems the behavior you can see on you side is related to what was reported in this thread. The teach team is currently looking into it, so we'd recommend having a look at it and providing us there with the info we'll need to report it. You can find the details we'll need you to send us in its status at the top of the thread.

@Jvanhespen, @BHU84, would you mind sending us the exact make/model and OS of the affected devices along with the Spotify version you are currently running on them?

On another note, it'd be really helpful if you send us a video recording of what you kindly mentioned. You can attach the videos in your next reply in mp4 format, or you can also upload them to YouTube or Google drive and make them public, so we can visualize them.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

Exactly the same happening to me, go to skip a song and goes straight back to the beginning of the playlist. Done clean instal etc and nothing fixes it 

iPhone 13 Pro 

ios 16.1.2

I am experiencing  the issue where a song in a playlist either completes or is skipped and rather than play the next song in the list the playlist will instead start over form the beginning. This issue is not confined to one device. It occurs when using the Connect to Device option FROM the following devices: 

• Windows computers
  • Android Samsung Note 9 phone
  • Android tablet

...Connecting TO the following devices:

• Amazon Echo Dot
  • Amazon Echo Studio

There is frequently a telltale pause at the end of the song before the playlist starts over.

Also, this seems limited to a specific playlist that I change frequently. I have not experienced this issue on other playlists.

Good morning,

iPhone 6s / iOS 15.7.1
Spotify: 8.7.92.521
HEOS app: 2.71.410

Same issue for me.

iPhone 14 Pro

iOS: 16.2

Spotify: 8.7.94.551

Same here. Spotify will be useless at NYE party I’m hosting. 

Suggested posts