Premium

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy S20+ Android 12

Operating System

Desktop Windows 11

My Question or Issue

On desktop app in windows 11 Right now, I have it set to play all the songs in alphabetcal order by song title. When I reboot/boot up the PC, the spotify app launches automatically. It will finish playing the last song then jumps to the top of the playlist instead of playing the next song in the playlist.
If I use my phone, after launching the app I get the same issue: finishes the last song then jumps to the top of the playlist. To get it to pickup where is left off on the PC the PC has to be on and I have to switch the device which is annoying.
I have uninstalled & reinstalled the desktop app and phone app twice.

5 Replies

Hi there @tm-spot63,

Thanks for reaching out. Could you please provide us the following:

• The exact makes, models and OS/Firmware versions of all your affected devices
  • The exact Spotify Versions you use.
  • When did this start happening?
  • Is this on all devices or only on specific one(s)?
  • Screenshots or a video of the behaviour

With this information, we’d be happy to investigate.

Keep us posted.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Phone:
Samsung S20+, Android 12
Spotify app version 8.7.92.521 (app is updated)

PC:
Win11 version 22h2
Spotify for windows version 1.2.0.1165.gabf054ab

As stated in my org post, there is only 1 playlist. The song order is listed alphabetically by song title. The song order is playing in order they are listed.

If I am playing it on the PC, then later play from the phone, the last song played on the PC will finish on the phone then the next song is played is at the top of the playlist instead of the next song. For example, the order of songs is AAA, BBB, CCC, etc. On the PC, XXX song is playing and the next song is YYY then ZZZ. I'll stop the song and switch to the phone the XXX song will finish. Then the next song is AAA (at the top of the song order list) not YYY song.

Same thing happens if on the phone and switch to the PC. The next song jumps to the top of the song list instead of the next one.

Another issue, if I shuffle songs, the same song will play then in a couple hours, it will play again. The playlist has 1181 songs, so a song shouldn't play again for a long time, like several hours or days.

Hi there @tm-spot63,

Thanks for the info. Does the same happen if you do it the other way around (meaning switching from phone to PC)? How about the web player? If possible, also please record a video of this behaviour, that would help us a lot. If it gets too large to upload here, you can always use Google Drive or YouTube to send it to us.

Keep us posted.

JoanModerator

These are screenshots of spotify when it boots up.  The playlist queue is not retained when the PC is shutdown.  I have the same issue on the phone if I stop spotify on the PC then switch to spotify on the phone.  The playlist queue is not retained.

after booting up PC playlist queue is incorrect.png
actual playlist order.png
this is what the playlist queue should be after booting up pc.png

Hey @tm-spot63,

Thank you for the additional info!
We're positive that you've been affected by this Ongoing Issue we have under investigation.
You may subscribe to the thread to stay on top of any new updates. This will hopefully get fixed soon.

Should any questions arise in the meantime, do let us know 🙂

VasilModerator

Suggested posts