Playlist play order

Solved!

Re: Playlist play order

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Hey @emberins and @Cris_2946 

Is the issue still affecting you?

I am no longer able to reproduce it. Whenever I sort and hit play on random song, the queue looks as expected. A new update was releaced recently too.

Let me know :)

SebastyRock Star 16
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

emberins
Music Fan
@Sebasty, they certainly have done something around it, but not resolved completely yet. They seem to have fixed sorting songs that start with "the" and the next word is used for sorting. But there are scenarios where it still does not work correctly.

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Hey @emberins 

Could you tell more exactly what doesn't work, with steps on how to reproduce the issue? :)

I'll look into it!

SebastyRock Star 16

emberins
Music Fan
@Sebasty... it is actually quite simple... the same sorting mechanism that is used in the playlist window should also be applied to play queue. Currently they differ ever so slightly. Two things I noticed are definitely causing it if I sort by title:
- UTF-8 characters (e.g. https://open.spotify.com/track/5kNDc4MAumT6qyR168CaBd?si=P0ElaS_oTTOYc0wF8buh6w)
- incomplete words (e.g. https://open.spotify.com/track/5H3aDbuGz0iPrqpAOASvKH?si=y3A5Is47SKWwjlaknShoHQ)

Slightly related to this... it is also quite annoying that I cannot pause the playlist by clicking the pause button for the song currently playing... it restarts the play as if I had clicked stop and play, which I did not.

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

@emberins 

The play button issue sounds really weird and not something happening here. I recommend reinstalling your client, follow the steps here. :)

I tried adding the two songs in one of my very long playlists (>400 tracks) and when I sort by title, the queue looks as expected. Could you provide some screenshots on what's happening on your end?

SebastyRock Star 16

emberins
Music Fan

Sebasty, it is not happening on one device. It's happening on both my home laptop and my work laptop. Both Win10. Try it on liked songs playlist.

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

@emberins 

Are both of these issues (the play button one too) happening on both devices?

I have to admit I don't have any issues within my Liked Songs either.

How long is yours?

You could try another account and see if the same happens there as well.

Screenshots / screen recordings are much appreciated on both issues, so I could report them :)

SebastyRock Star 16

emberins
Music Fan

OK, here are 2 gifs. The first one is a random playlist that works correctly - when i press the pause button, the song stops.

random_playlist.gif

Then there is a gif of liked songs - when i click the pause button, the song restarts instead of pausing.

liked_songs.gif

Cris_2946
Regular
Yeah, I noticed that too... and only happens with the liked songs playlist.
Highlighted

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Hey @emberins 

Please create another thread under Desktop Windows for that play button issue and add the gifs and other information (operating system, devices, exact version of Spotify) to the thread.

That happens to me as well and I'd like to get that reported. :)

SebastyRock Star 16
SUGGESTED POSTS