Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist radio does not show liked songs

Playlist radio does not show liked songs

Issue in Windows Desktop player

When right-clicking on one of my own playlists and selecting "Go to Playlist Radio", the playlist for the radio show a mix of tracks that I have liked and unmarked tracks. For the tracks that I have already liked ealier, the heart icon to the left of the track title is filled (i.e. solid).

However, once the radio playlist starts playing, all liked markings disappear so it looks like none of the tracks are liked even though some of them are. This problem was not there ealier. I recon it was introduced in the last 3-6 months.

Plan

Premium

Country

Singapore

Device

Windows desktop computer

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

See at the top.

6 Replies

Hey there @orionsgfm,

Thanks for getting in touch with us 🙂

We'd suggest you start off by restarting the device. Then you can log out and log back in to the account.

If that doesn't do the trick, you can give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall. That way you can make sure the cache is not leading to this issue.

If that does't help, you can try on another device. By doing that we can see if it is a device-related issue.

Let us know how it goes. If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi again,

I have now restarted two Windows 10 computers and as that did not get rid of the unwanted behaviour of the playlist radio list I also totally removed Spotify, shutdown and did a clean install on both Windows 10 computers.

I am thus convinced that there is a bug in the Desktop Windows Spotify player. Here and additional observation:

When one rights-click on one of the playslists and select "Go to playlist radio", the list does at first have markings of the songs already liked (by filled icons), but if one double-click on some of the other songs in the radio playlist, the markings suddenly disappear. One can then go to radio for another playlist where to markings will initially be okay, but going back to first playlist the marking for liked songs will now not even show initially anymore.

There must obviously be something wrong in the way the playlist radio handles these markings.

Best regards,

Frank

Hey there @orionsgfm,

Thanks for getting back to us and for the troubleshooting you did so far.

Do you experience the same issue also in our web player or on a mobile device? If you could also test this out with another account, that would help us out a lot in identifying the root cause of the problem. You can create a new one here

We'd also appreciate it if you post screenshots of how the list is displayed before and after the markings for liked songs disappear. You can attach it to your post via the Insert Photo option, just be sure to hide any private or sensitive information.

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply. 

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

This happens on the Spotify app on my IPhone as well and it’s really annoying. I keep trying to find new music but when I look at the radio playlist it shows me songs that I have liked before and that are in my liked playlist. But they don’t show hearts next to them on the radio playlist. 

The songs Faint, Breath and Bulletproof in the picture are all songs I have saved in my Liked playlist 

IMG_6561.png

Thanks for the screenshot @Arreina.

Note that all content uploaded on Spotify has its own unique identifier called URI, so most likely the songs you mentioned are just different instances (with different URIs) of the ones you have already saved in your Liked Songs.

Sometimes artists upload different instances of their work that often only appear in playlists (and are unlisted from their discography on their artist page). This is usually done for tracking purposes and helps achieve greater reach to fans.

Hope this clears things up. The Community is always here if there's anything else we can help out with.

Cheers 🙂

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Suggested posts