Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist sorted by date always starts with the oldest song

Playlist sorted by date always starts with the oldest song

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Computer

Operating System

Win 10 18363.719, Spotify 1.1.28.721.g5b5ee660

My Question or Issue

For about a week now, the songs in the playlist have stopped playing in the correct order. I always sort my playlist with the date function. I simply start the playlist with a double click, usually the newest song is played first.

8 Replies

I just downloaded the latest setup again, uninstalled spotify, let windows delete the temp folder & the thumbnails, restarted, reinstalled Spotify and now it is running, do not know what was going on.

Ok... here we are, a restart later, same problem, always the oldest song starts to play.
I m alone?!

Hey there @Tomy_93

Thanks for reaching out - we’re here to help!

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall instead of the regular one? We recommend this step as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. This tends to solve issues with the app's performance.

Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app.

It's also a good idea to log in to your Spotify account on another device just to check if you observe the same. If it doesn't occur on a different device, we'd suggest making sure that your original device is up to speed with any software updates available.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

Yes, Device 1 (win 10 1909) - I tryed already more then one cleaninstall.
Device 2 (win 10 1903) - first time I installed Spotify there! after a windows restart, same problem.

It´s still not fixed... ?!

Hello?
I contacted support, they gave me a test account, there I had the same problems.
So what's going on here?

It is not a local problem, 3 different Systems and another Account are affected.

Still Nothing Change ... now I installed Spotify from Microsoft Store, same problem.
It's getting embarrassing, if someone still dont know what i mean:
Playlist BugPlaylist Bug

Hey @Tomy_93,

Thanks for the info.

We'd suggest you try reinstalling the app in a Safe mode.

It's also a good idea to run the app as administrator to see if the issue persists. Are there any changes?

If the issue persists, you can share with us the exact Spotify version that is running on your PC.

Keep us in the loop! We'll be right here if you have any questions.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts