Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist subscribers / followers count not updating

Solved!

Playlist subscribers / followers count not updating

I am wondering why my playlists follower count does not grow up though I get messages all the time that someone is now following your playlist? The lists have had the same follower count now for weeks and weeks and I know there is dozens or hundreds of new followers

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

As you already have an open case with spotify, keep the dialogue going with them as they're more likely to find a solution to this.

View solution in original post

17 Replies

Does it update in the web player?
http://play.spotify.com

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

No it does not. All of my playlists have had the same amount or count of followers now for weeks

Now it's more messed up than ever... Notifications show that more followers to my playlists every hour but the counts keep dropping still. Doens't make any sense at all...

I've no idea what is going on, haven't seen a large numbers of reports of this lately. I would suggest you get in touch with the Spotify support team directly using the online contact form and see if they can pinpoint the fault somewhere. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Still got this same problem. The playlist follower count is all over the place; someone subscribes - the count drops. Doesn't make any sense. And the counts are like stuck for weeks and weeks. 

They tried to help me via email but the problem's still there...

Is there anything to do with this problem? Follower counts have been stuck for months now. I'm getting really annoyed...

Did you contact spotify support as Peter suggested?

Yeah, I did. They suggested some operations me to do but those didn't work. Every hour I got many new followers according to notifications but the on playlist the count has stayed same for months now.

Does anyone else have this same problem or am I alone with this? I got notifications but the playlists follower count goes up and down like crazy. 

Marked as solution

As you already have an open case with spotify, keep the dialogue going with them as they're more likely to find a solution to this.

For three months now, I've had this same problem. Even the email conversations with the staff hasn't solve this problem. One of lists is very popular and gets new subscribers every hour. But the follower count has been stuck around same number for months now. I just don't get it. What could cause this?

I've been having this issue for a few weeks as well.

I have the same problem!

Spotify Profile

What's a Spotify Rock Star and how do I become one?

Follow me on Spotify and Twitter

I have the same problem too. 11k subscribers on my playlist https://open.spotify.com/user/snackajacques/playlist/30vH6Gc0799ka2PMZfWqTn slowly dropping to below 10k despite notifications for new subscribers.

Still no fix?

I too had this problem for a little over one week now, and I FINALLY found the soultion to the problem.

See, what I often do to keep my playlists organized is file them under sub-folders by using the desktop version of Spotify. For example: I have top picks that I create for each month of the year, and throw them in to a sub folder titled "Top Picks", in it, is every month from January to October of this year. Well, that's all fine and dandy, however it creates a glitch; what happens, is that if you keep your playlist in a sub-folder, you'll get a notification saying "you have a new subscriber" when someone decides to follow the playlist, however, your count WILL NOT go up. So for the past week, I've had 3 new subscribers, yet all three of the playlists still read 0. 

How to fix: Simply take the public playlist with which you desire the count to go up on, out of the sub folder. By doing this it should resolve the issue, and you're follower count will go up. The reason I know, is because I tested it, using someone else's phone. 

https://open.spotify.com/user/1283777578

My playlist isn't in a folder, and the subscriber count goes down when I receive subscriber notifications 😕

Oh, okay. Well, it worked for me, so maybe it will work in some, but not all instances. Good luck to you! 

Suggested posts