Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist wont' go away

Solved!

Playlist wont' go away

I wanted to hear one song on the One Hit Wonders list, now not only do I have ALL the songs, I have clicked 'next song' all the way through twice and they keep coming back. How do I stop this?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Sounds like it could be a corrupted play queue. Please could you do a full & complete reinstall?

Liam

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Does it not go away if you start playing another playlist? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Having the exact same problem. It doesn't matter that repeat is turned off. 

What's in your play queue?

Can you delete the tracks from your play queue? If so, do so. If not, try playing a track from another playlist.

Liam

It will play the actual queue first, but the others are still there. If I forget to add something A Flock of Seagulls start telling me that they ran so far away. It's very annoying.

I can add or delete regular queued songs, it's the others from the One Hit Wonders that won't go away even after I actually listen to them.

Marked as solution

Sounds like it could be a corrupted play queue. Please could you do a full & complete reinstall?

Liam

@Peter wrote:

Does it not go away if you start playing another playlist? 

Peter

Try as Peter suggests.  Right-Click > Play

EDIT:  Sorry Liam, didn't see that you suggested the same thing.

That did the trick. There needs to be a 'clear queue' button, though. 

Happened again. This time with the 90's playlist. Heaven forbid I should click on one of these ads to find a few songs. The WHOLE thing will be forced down my throat with no option to make it go away afterwards.

I am going to uninstall and reinstall again, but I want someone to tell me here (moderator or tech staff) why I have to do something so drastic to actually have control over my own queue.

@Steelblade wrote:

Happened again. This time with the 90's playlist. Heaven forbid I should click on one of these ads to find a few songs. The WHOLE thing will be forced down my throat with no option to make it go away afterwards.

I am going to uninstall and reinstall again, but I want someone to tell me here (moderator or tech staff) why I have to do something so drastic to actually have control over my own queue.

Try creating a new playlist, but leave it completely empty. Then to clear your play queue anytime, right click on the playlist name in the sidebar and click "Choose as current playlist". You might get an error about Importing tracks as local files but just ignore that 😉 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Had a chance to try it today, and this works.

Ok…

Suggested posts