Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] Collaborators have disappeared from older playlists

Solved!

[Playlists] Collaborators have disappeared from older playlists

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Lenovo Laptop

Operating System

Windows 10/Spotify for Windows (version: 1.1.86.857)

My Question or Issue

This issue began with the implementation of the latest (April 2022) changes to collaborative playlists. The problem is ONLY with playlists that were created prior to the implementation of the latest collaborative playlist changes.

Prior to the this latest update, users could see the names of playlist collaborators and the songs they added. Now it just looks like the creator of the playlist added all the tracks. 

Below are sample screenshots of older playlists (where names no longer appear) and a playlist created after the collaborative playlist changes in April (with collaborators appearing). 

Spotify screen shot march 2022.png
Spotify screen shot 2012.png
Spotify screen shot april 2022.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @MissKitty614,

Thank you for taking the time to post here in the Community. 

If the old collaborative playlists were made private at some point in the past it won't be possible to restore the previous collaborative state unfortunately. 

We're sorry about this since we can understand that it can feel frustrating when you've put in time and effort in these playlists. We hope that you'll be able to recreate these playlists and that you'll be able to enjoy them as much as before. 

Note: it's possible to re-invite collaborators so they can add their tracks again.

Wish you a great start of your weekend.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi there @MissKitty614,

Thank you for taking the time to post here in the Community. 

If the old collaborative playlists were made private at some point in the past it won't be possible to restore the previous collaborative state unfortunately. 

We're sorry about this since we can understand that it can feel frustrating when you've put in time and effort in these playlists. We hope that you'll be able to recreate these playlists and that you'll be able to enjoy them as much as before. 

Note: it's possible to re-invite collaborators so they can add their tracks again.

Wish you a great start of your weekend.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts