Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlists Will Not Appear As Public

Playlists Will Not Appear As Public

Hi, all,

Seriously running my head into a wall trying to figure out what happened in transitioning to the latest version (0.9.8.296).

My default setting for playlists is to make all playlists public, but my profile appears to have zero playlists, no matter how many times I toggle or untoggle a playlist. I've seen topics on starred playlists taking time to become public, but no other case where someone's completely locked out of making public playlists. If restart the client, the menu option has switcehd to "make public" again, but toggling that doesn't update my profile. 

Really enjoy sharing music with my friends, so this is a bit frustrating. 

Thanks in advance.

76 Replies

Gabby wanted me to tell you, that it is indeed wievable and playable.

Thanks again

Gabby ???? !!

Gangy... oh, spell predictive thing! Sorry. 

I'll get it one day:-)

My mother in-law with her new phone used to finish each text

Lots of love etc / see you etc /...

Ages till we realised why...Her name is 'Eva'.

Well that most certainly wasn't a kind of a story I would expect out of spotify technical isssues thread, but I must say it was a h€ll of a story 😄

All my playlists shows public, except my favourite. I have pressed "Make public", but it still doesn't show. What do I do?

No clue... I still haven't been able to get all of mine to show public. I
have to send people the direct link...

Thats spotify for you, never fixing its software issues, only adding more.

It will put them to the grave in some time, just watch and enjoy the satisfaction.

Seriously why does it still take a really long time for playlists to show as public? Doesn't make any sense at all. I just want to share the music I find with my friends and vice versa. Please fix this issue, seems to have been a problem for quite some time now.

Ironically, it's not even that it takes a long time. The vast majority of
the playlists that show up on my public profile are old and outdated. I
don't hide them because people still listen to them, but I have to send
people the direct links to my playlists in order for them to be able to
follow them. It seems like Spotify limits them to, like, 10 maybe? If that?

This has been broken for a long time and I don't see them fixing it any
time soon, unfortunately.

FYI I'm having the same issue

Hi, i have created a playlist and when people are searching for it they can't find it, it is public and has almost 30 followers, what am i supposed to do to fix this ?

Best

I'm having the same issue as a lot of  people are, I made a bunch of my private playlists public a few months ago and they still aren't showing up at all on my profile to others. Also a bunch of my playlist that were always public, mostly my newer ones, aren't showing up on my profile either. It would be nice if Spotify would fix this!

Spotify is unable to fix anything software-related to their service and has been for years, its disgraceful how **bleep**ed-up theyre keeping their code while maintaining status of industrial behemoth.

Agreed. This and several other tech-debt related issues have been open for ages. Specifically, this one has been open for nearly FOUR YEARS. With so much user input, how are these issues still not resolved??

Apparently flagging issues with Spotify staff doesn't actually do anything?

Yeah, they cant be bothered to give a sh!t.

This worked for me! Thank you.

The exact same thing is happening to me.

Please help me

Ruby

https://open.spotify.com/user/1283038360/playlist/6mgbOVvyzurc8L3DQ72ISd?si=l5TAj2LoQRywZfanGoyCoA

https://open.spotify.com/user/1283038360/playlist/5pIcauRvo98YOfMxOx1ABM?si=FtSYlbNpTR6XM81REBsQlA

I also would love to change my name as I have now deactivated facebook and cannot change it.

Suggested posts