Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlists appear empty on desktop app

Solved!

Playlists appear empty on desktop app

Plan

Free/Premium

Device

HP Pavilion Laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Spotify won't play any music in the app or in the web player. All of my playlists, favourite songs, and everybody else's playlists all show no songs. This is extremely frustrating. I was just thinking about upgrading to premium and now I can't play or listen to anything! I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app and everything related, and it never works. There must be a problem with my account. This is extremely frustrating! Please help me fix this.

I've attached a screenshot of what spotify looks like when I click the play button on a playlist from another page. When I open a playlist, it just tells me it's empty.

Screenshot (4).png
179 Replies

ty dude, fixed it for me

Plan

Free

Country

Denmark

Device

(Desktop)

Operating System

(Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

I have no songs at all showing, ive tried to uninstall multiple times and this has went on for a week.. please help asap... 

I have no songs in any of my albums nor in spotify general.. when i seach no songs shows up only artists and albums

No songs.JPG

Didnt work for me, still wont load music.

Me too. It still works. also the host file doesnt work, i cant even play no songs now.

Thank you so much that fixed the problem!

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this. We're here to help.

It seems that updating the desktop app on PC to the latest version leads to certain playlists appearing empty.

Could you try reinstalling the app from the Windows Store and let us know if that fixes the issue for you?

We would also suggest trying @Smexyskeletor's solution? It seems to have worked for several users already.

Thanks! Keep us posted.

Installing Spotify from windows app store fixed the issue for me.

Hello,

I have a problem with the Spotify Desktop Application. It's been going on for a while now that there were some songs that i wasn't able to listen to anymore (those worked fine in the Android app), but now I can't listen to any songs anymore. If I want it to play my Mixtape for example there is some weird bug that all of the song names are missing and nothing happens. My own Playlists all get shown as empty.

Tried every setting and reinstalled Spotify 3 times already.

Thank you for your help. I don't know what to do anymore at this point

spotify.PNGspotify2.PNG

Wow, that actually fixed all of my problems; friends activity, unplayable songs and empty playlists. Thanks a lot!!

I don't have anything about spotify in that file 😕

Thank you so much ❤️ finally i found a working solution

EDIT : I OPENED THE WRONG FILE AND IT ACTUALLY WORKS THANK YOU SO MUCH !

Hi, it's not working for me because some lines are missing

so what can I do?

There was 2 files named "hosts" for me, so if it's the same for you, try the other one ?

It Works for me Yayyyyyy.

@Smexyskeletor wrote:

"Pick hosts and click on Open."

This all works, I'm sure... but I can't find the "hosts" file in my drivers folder. Is there anything it would automatically rename to?

Yup, worked for me to edit the hosts file. Thanks. This was driving me nuts & bolts.

Man, you have saved me Thanks so much, dude 🙂

Thank you Smexyskeletor!

Thank you, 

Suggested posts