Playlists appear empty on desktop app

Plan

Free/Premium

Device

HP Pavilion Laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Spotify won't play any music in the app or in the web player. All of my playlists, favourite songs, and everybody else's playlists all show no songs. This is extremely frustrating. I was just thinking about upgrading to premium and now I can't play or listen to anything! I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app and everything related, and it never works. There must be a problem with my account. This is extremely frustrating! Please help me fix this.

I've attached a screenshot of what spotify looks like when I click the play button on a playlist from another page. When I open a playlist, it just tells me it's empty.

Screenshot (4).png
179 Replies

nvm

WOW, thankyou sooooooo much, spotify wouldnt work even in the web browers. I even contacted spotify support and they had no idea. This has work immediately, Thankyou!

YOU ARE MY LORD AND SAVIOR THANK YOU!!!!

Hello,

Im not able to use this solution,

I do not have anything related to spotify in my host notes.

Thank you very much! God bless you my man.

Lifesaver. Cheers mate

Ummm that didn't work.

worked for me! Awesome. I've been living without being able to listen to new songs for about two weeks and it was driving me crazy.

I figured out what was wrong. Despite being the Admin, changing setting and permissions on the file it wasn't letting me save it and was saving a seprate text file. After doing some research, I figured out it was just a drive file for spybot so I deleted it and the moment I did Spotify started working again and all my music was there. Luckily I have several other maleware programs to keep my computer safe.

You're a genius thank you so much, been wracking my brain over this for hours and your solution worked. So happy!!

This tip worked perfectly for me, thanks a lot!

Thank you, for 3 days I've been looking for a solution. Not even the support of Spotify could help me.

saved my **bleep**ing day, thank you

Hi Jose,

So I've tried Spotify on my phone, which works. But on another computer, it does not. It must be an account issue. Even on my normal laptop, even if I open an incognito window in chrome or firefox, the web player still won't play.

I've tried following all the steps in the windows troubleshooting guide, and it still won't work on my computer. I'm at a loss for what to do next 😞 

Country

United Kingdom

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hello, I've been having a problem with Spotify, my Spotify program will not load some songs aswell as some songs been blurred and unable to click on them. It also  shows that all my playlist songs have been deleted as well as my friend's public  playlists, however they have not, as I can see them on my phone. I have tried using spotify on the web browser (Chrome and Edge) however it is refusing the connection everytime. Any Help?

**bleep** bro, I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEE YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUU

Hi @Evan_23_, thanks for writing!

Are you using some kind of firewall in your PC? This might be causing the issue on the web player.

Also, could you please try reinstalling the app after downloading from the Windows Store?

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Only Windows Firewall, but how would, if it is the problem, allow Spotify through the firewall?

Hey @Evan_23_ I'm sorry, I meant adblocker. 

Anyway, if you're using Chrome, please try deleting all Spotify cookies and disabling any adblocker to all spotify.com domain.

I guess this should help!

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I'm having the same issue but on my macbook air, anyone know the solution on spotify mac desktop. I've tried the whole clean reinstall mutiple times but it still doesn't work and I'm left with empty playlist and can't play any song. Please help!

Suggested posts