Playlists appear empty on desktop app

Solved!

Re: Playlists appear empty on desktop app

VAC_VAC

This worked! Thank you!

TJ38
Casual Listener
Thanks so much, Dreamzy16 you are the best!

Re: Artists empty on desktop app

skind56

I managed to get artists to appear by 'Following' an artist then it appeared (in Artists tab) and underneath 'Recommended artists' appeared (in random order unfortunatly). On a chat with Spotify the operator said it was news to Spotify and said 'I'll surely let our tech team know about this.'. However there are Idea Sumissions created in relation to this e.g. https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/Fix-or-roll-back-so-we-don-t-have-to-follow-every-...

Re: playlists empty after reinstall spotify

Hoogs

THANK YOU, this fixed ALL my issues (missing music, won't play music, etc.)  I even got an email from Spotify congratulating me on being a member for five years.  It seems to have "unstuck" a lot of things that were blocked up.

a565

"individual network configurations"

"modicfications by thrid party apps"

Can you give some specific examples?

mated32

i tried altering the system32 hosts file but when trying to save an error message appears telling me that i cant edit system 32 files unless i have administrator privelliges, i am an administrator, what have i done wrong?

Buddysimm
Casual Listener

For me, I had to empty my host file, which prevented connections that Spotify was attempting to use. To fix, go to notepad and run it as admin, go to your main hardrive, go to Windows->System32->drivers->etc->hosts. If this directory is empty, make sure you have the type of file filter set to All Files (*.*). From this document, make sure you don't have any connections that are being blocked that might prevent Spotify from refreshing for fetching information. 

Buddysimm
Casual Listener

read my reply to get admin privileges

jtsarnak

Dreamzy16 says:

"Solution, it worked for me:

Go to C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\ and delete the Hosts file. Then restart Spotify."

I emptied out my Hosts file previously but it didn't help.  I wouldn't think removing it entirely would be the fix but it worked so thank you so much!   I also just renamed it rather than delete it just in case.

Spotify team - this should be looked at because there's no reason a Host file with no entries should **bleep** up your program.

bleedeagle

This one worked! Thank you

SUGGESTED POSTS