i have the exact same problem. I've reinstalled multiple times. its using the app and chrome, none of them work. i've reinstalled from windows store and from the website. some songs didnt work, reinstalled, now nothing works
Same issue. Have tried every troubleshooting step in this thread, same steps recommended by @SpotifyCares in DM on twitter. Playlists appear normal and music streams just fine on my iPhone app and my Mac desktop program, but the program on Windows 10 on this computer is so broken. Playlists are empty, and NO SONG anywhere on Spotify will play at all.
Incredibly frustrating...especially since there is so little support, and no hope of any compensation for being unable to use the service.
I do believe I found the solution to the problem. I was having the exact same issue, all of my saved songs were gone from both playlists I had made and playlists made by Spotify, as if all the music in the world had disapeared.
Here is what I did to fix the problem, as my Spotify works perfectly fine now:
1. Press the windows key and type in spotify (or you could probably just find it on your desktop - if so skip to step 3)
2. Right click on OPEN FILE LOCATION
3. RIGHT-click on the program and left click on PROPERTIES
4. A tab should open up titled SPOTIFY PROPERTIES, with six subtabs labled SECURITY, GENERAL, DETAILS and etc.
5. Select the COMPATIBILITY tab and highlighted in blue is a button labled RUN COMPATABILITY TROUBLESHOOTER.
6. The troubleshooter should run you through the rest!
Again, what this looks like:
Spotify.exe -> Properties -> Compatibility -> Run Compatibility Troubleshooter
I had the same problem. The solution for me was is in the hosts file. Search in google how a hosts file should look like copy it and go to your hosts file on your computer, open it with i prefere notepad++ delete whats in there and paste what you copy. I hope it works for out too.