Playlists appear empty on desktop app

Solved!

Re: Playlists appear empty on desktop app

nekroofficial
Casual Listener

@Smexyskeletor wrote:

I FOUND THE SOLUTION!!!!

It even got my friend's activity tab working, that's been dead for months!

I recommend checking your hosts file for any Spotify-related entries.
The file is capable of redirecting traffic for addresses it contains, so it can break Spotify app when it contains Spotify addresses.

It's easy to check and edit, you'll need admin rights:

1. open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
2. go to File - Open and navigate to

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open.
4. The file is opened. You will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like

0.0.0.0 website.com
127.0.0.1 website2.com

Check for any entries with spotify or fastly in the address. Examples may look like:

0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com
0.0.0.0 prod.b.ssl.us-eu.fastlylb.net 

(and any variations inbetween)
5. If you do find any, you can delete the line. You can also add a # in front of the line, that's 'commenting out'.
6. Save your changes. Restart Spotify.

OH MY GOD, YOU'RE A LIFESAVER! Thank you so much man

jehandastoor

I have the exact same problem except I am using Spotify on a Macbook. It stopped letting me listen to new songs so I did a clean reinstall and now it is saying that all my playlists are empty and I cannot listen to anything. No solution mentioned has worked. Weirdly, in my friends playlist it shows the songs they have put on their playlist from offline (i.e. uploaded from their computer), but no other songs...

totomastah
Casual Listener

Hi guys,

I have the same issue, spotify macbook didn't load any songs,

the playlist i used to play is empty, and i cant even play the any song, i've tried to play it on my phone first and then play it on my macbook,  and nothing is working until now, the song stops right at the moment i switch it to macbook. I've reinstalled it for 3 times, deleted all the caches, turned of the hardware acceleration, update it to the latest High Sierra, and nothing happens. What should i do? Is it some kind of bug or server's fault?

enesilhan

Have the same problem tried everything but still all playlist are emty cant play any songs

zzkuo21-p_az

Got the same problem from about a week ago 

thomasminot

It worked for me !!! Thx a lot man !

@Smexyskeletor wrote:

I FOUND THE SOLUTION!!!!

It even got my friend's activity tab working, that's been dead for months!

I recommend checking your hosts file for any Spotify-related entries.
The file is capable of redirecting traffic for addresses it contains, so it can break Spotify app when it contains Spotify addresses.

It's easy to check and edit, you'll need admin rights:

1. open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
2. go to File - Open and navigate to

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open.
4. The file is opened. You will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like

0.0.0.0 website.com
127.0.0.1 website2.com

Check for any entries with spotify or fastly in the address. Examples may look like:

0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com
0.0.0.0 prod.b.ssl.us-eu.fastlylb.net 

(and any variations inbetween)
5. If you do find any, you can delete the line. You can also add a # in front of the line, that's 'commenting out'.
6. Save your changes. Restart Spotify.

Joshua72
Casual Listener

I have the same problem, i already re-install de app, from de website and microsoft store, and nothing, all my playlist are empty, i can´t play any song at all, please fix it soon as posible. Thanks.

Swissboy362

I have the same problem, at first it was just new songs that just didnt play, it would light up but show a black placeholder and just not play. I reinstalled the program and now all playlists are completly empty (they are still on my phone) no songs are anywhere and nothing can play. windows is fully updated.

lolololtet

Same problem with the desktop mac application. Can't play ANYTHING. All of the content seems gone or missing, wether I look at my own playlists or at other playlists they all shows up empty. If I try to searsh for a song to play, it dosen't work either. Uninstalling or emptying the cache does nothing at all. It works fine on my phone tho ... huh.

DDDloki
Regular

not sure what happened but yesterday i had this issue, today its gone... 

thnks! i guess

SUGGESTED POSTS