Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlists missing from old Spotify account.

Playlists missing from old Spotify account.

This account is my original Spotify account that I created several years ago. A few years ago I decided to create a new spotify account through Facebook in order to have a clean slate for sharing music with friends, without having to delete all my old playlists. (My playlists had become cluttered with thousands of songs, some of which I didn't necessarily want my friends to see 😛 )

I would occasionally pop back onto my old account to listen to some of my old music, however when I logged in today I found that all my playlists have vanished except one playlist with 158 songs (previously I had thousands) and my starred playlist is empty.

I tried to see if I could restore these playlists through the Recover Deleted Playlist tool on the spotify website, however this tool informed me that I did not have any deleted playlists. 

Is it possible that this issue is related to the Your Music update? This is my first time using my old account since the update (it's been a while).

1 Reply

Hey @Arkaine and welcome to the community!

It sounds like a display error. Have you tried a clean reinstallation of the client? If you stillt can't view your playlists after reinstallaing, rebooting, sign out/in again, then it seems that your account has been duplicated by accident. I suggest reaching out to the official support team using this online contact form: https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you receive an automated email that leads you back to the community or help pages, reply to it (even if it's from "no-reply") and one of the Spotify team members will get back to you as soon as possible.

Suggested posts